+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In person interview Vancouver experience.

prasad2s

Jul 6, 2022
Hello,
Can anyone share their experiences
/timeline as to how long it took to get back their passports after an in person interview in Vancouver?
Thanks!

dpallavi

Jul 8, 2022
Hi,
I had my H1 visa in-person appointment on Monday 6/27 at Vancouver location.
I'm still waiting for my passport.
Did you recently apply at the Vancouver location too? Please let me know your timelines.

prasad2s

Jul 6, 2022
Hi,
I had my H1 visa in-person appointment on Monday 6/27 at Vancouver location.
I'm still waiting for my passport.
Did you recently apply at the Vancouver location too? Please let me know your timelines.
@dpallavi No my in person interview is in August, I wanted to get a feel of how long it’s taking as I could not find much data around that. Would be great if you could come back and update here once you get your passport back.

sbobraj

Jul 9, 2022
@dpallavi My h1b visa renewal Visa appointment is on Friday July 15,2022. Are you still waiting ?. I was thinking we get back passports within 5 business days. Have you heard from others what's the wait time now in this covid era ?. Also can you share your visa experience you can DM me. thank you so much for your help

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
Hello All, kindly share timelines as it would help others in planning to return to US. I have my visa apt on Aug 31st and I am really worried when my passport will be back. I am planning to go to the USA around Sep 10th.

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
Also, if any one can suggest what is the fastest way of getting passport back? Home delivery Vs pickup Vs any other options?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Also, if any one can suggest what is the fastest way of getting passport back? Home delivery Vs pickup Vs any other options?
Pay for premium delivery, if your Visa interview is not on thursdays or fridays you would get it within 2days or else it would shift to next week probably to Monday or tuesday. This whole lot depends on if your Visa is approved on spot. If you get a query and stuff it varies.

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
Pay for premium delivery, if your Visa interview is not on thursdays or fridays you would get it within 2days or else it would shift to next week probably to Monday or tuesday. This whole lot depends on if your Visa is approved on spot. If you get a query and stuff it varies.
Thanks a lot for your response. I did pay for premium delivery service but have it picked up at a Canada Post location instead of delivering it to my address. My Visa appointment is on Wed. Should I still be getting it in 2-3 days? Or H1B stamping takes whole different process and needs more time in stamping?

Reactions: BlaqqHammer

epremkishan

Jul 12, 2022
@dpallavi My h1b visa renewal Visa appointment is on Friday July 15,2022. Are you still waiting ?. I was thinking we get back passports within 5 business days. Have you heard from others what's the wait time now in this covid era ?. Also can you share your visa experience you can DM me. thank you so much for your help
Hi, I hope your interview went well. Do you want to share your experience with us, that will help us in our interview.
Also, did you ask the consular about passport delivery timeline?

BlaqqHammer

Jul 21, 2022
Thanks a lot for your response. I did pay for premium delivery service but have it picked up at a Canada Post location instead of delivering it to my address. My Visa appointment is on Wed. Should I still be getting it in 2-3 days? Or H1B stamping takes whole different process and needs more time in stamping?
please share your experience afterwards

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Once the status on portal changes to "Issued" you calculate those 2-3days from then. Until issued its not counted, Premium delivery is only for shipping not for H1b Visa processing. Both are nowhere related.

BlaqqHammer

Jul 21, 2022
Hello All, kindly share timelines as it would help others in planning to return to US. I have my visa apt on Aug 31st and I am really worried when my passport will be back. I am planning to go to the USA around Sep 10th.
Seems you and me are on the same date.. Wanna talk private sometime?