+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In-Person Ceremony and E-Certificate + Passport (?)

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
Hello everyone
If someone is to get scheduled for an in-person ceremony and has previously requested an e-certificate:

1) Will they receive a paper certificate the same day or an e-certificate? I have noticed people who have been scheduled for in-person usually receive a paper one even if they have asked for an e-certificate. I also have noticed people mention that in-person invites usually mention paper certificate only.

2) For people with e-certificate, do they have to wait to apply for passport?

3) If someone get a paper one, can they apply for passport on the same day?

Thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
1) You will receive what you selected.
2) No waiting.
3) They have 2 day waiting for the system to get updated.

Beluga0909

Apr 22, 2021
1) You will receive what you selected.
2) No waiting.
3) They have 2 day waiting for the system to get updated.
I see, for those who did in-person ceremonies and chose e-certificate in your application, does it mention that in your oath invitation letter? or do they just double check with you during the ceremony?
I see many people who did in person only getting the paper option

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I see, for those who did in-person ceremonies and chose e-certificate in your application, does it mention that in your oath invitation letter? or do they just double check with you during the ceremony?
I see many people who did in person only getting the paper option
It's already there in the system, so based on it they get paper or electronic. If you want paper reply to your oath email and see if they allow you to change. Paper to e-certificate they do allow for virtual ceremonies.