+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In land applicant, Flag pole

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hello All,

I am in the same situation with the difference that my work permit is going to expire soon and I am going to start a new job but I neither have PR nor work permit.
Does it consider as essential travel?
No, it doesn't.
From a post above:
Regarding landings for permanent residence and other immigration services at the port of entry (POE):
  • You should not travel to a POE to apply directly to a border services officer.
  • Travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services
Extending work permit is 'other immigration services'.You should apply online. Please refer to this link. There is an answer on the question 'What should foreign nationals who are in Canada with valid temporary status as a visitor, worker or student do if their status is about to expire?'

Reactions: MahtaAlijani

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
I just called CBSA. The lady said person who's already in Canada can't go to the border to validate PR. It's only for people who are coming from other countries. This is quite unfortunate.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Any update guys? In-land applicants seem to be stuck at this point.
Cannot see flagpoling being supported for the foreseeable future , not just because of Canada but because have to interact with USCBP as well. They have their own instructions from their ‘dictator’ , president so to them a flagpole for sure will not be welcome at all.

Inland appointments are pencilled to start from April 13 th which seems pretty optimistic as opposed to May but nobody knows so is a wait and see.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/offices.html

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I received the email below last week. I think it's send to all the inland applicants with CoPR:
This email is intended to people who:

• are in Canada
  • were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document as part of their permanent resident application and
  • who have not yet been able to visit a local office to validate their CoPR
If you are outside of Canada, this email does not apply to you and you can ignore it. If you are a representative, please inform your clients of the information listed here.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is working on ways to keep everyone safe and limit the spread of COVID-19. Special measures are currently in effect. These measures affect several IRCC clients, including those who received a CoPR and are inside Canada.

Appointment at a local IRCC office

• All in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until further notice.
  • Local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.
Validating a CoPR at a port of entry (PoE)

• Due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a PoE to validate your CoPR.
  • Travelling to a PoE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
What happens next?

• IRCC will be in contact with each client in this situation to clarify next steps as we adapt and resume our landing services.
  • Maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker).
  • We invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to monitor the situation closely and will update the website as the situation evolves. Please check the website regularly.

Thank you for your patience during these exceptional circumstances.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
I received the email below last week. I think it's send to all the inland applicants with CoPR:

• are in Canada
  • were issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document as part of their permanent resident application and
If you are outside of Canada, this email does not apply to you and you can ignore it. If you are a representative, please inform your clients of the information listed here.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is working on ways to keep everyone safe and limit the spread of COVID-19. Special measures are currently in effect. These measures affect several IRCC clients, including those who received a CoPR and are inside Canada.

• All in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until further notice.
  • Local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.

• Due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a PoE to validate your CoPR.
  • Travelling to a PoE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
What happens next?

• IRCC will be in contact with each client in this situation to clarify next steps as we adapt and resume our landing services.
  • Maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker).
  • We invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to monitor the situation closely and will update the website as the situation evolves. Please check the website regularly.

I also received the same email.
My family is outside Canada, so even there is no travel restrictions in our country, they could not come as the principal applicant is not yet validated. COPR expires on april 13..

Anyone already received telephone landing interview?

kangk

Mar 19, 2020

• are in Canada

What happens next?

Received the same email. Is your CoPR expiring soon?