+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In land applicant, Flag pole

DaChui

Mar 21, 2020
Hey guys

I m sure a lot of you are in the same boat as me, in land, received COPR, couldn't cross the border to finish landing.
I don't know what kind of situation that you guys are in, I am relying on this PR status to take my master degree (with a much cheaper tuition)

The recent exemption seems the only hope for people like us to complete our journey, please continue in this thread to share what you know and any news regarding this
For people that are still waiting for your PPR, be patient, goods will come eventually, God bless you all

Be active, be healthy!

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
May I know how long did it take you to receive the passport and COPR? My application was approved 10 days ago, but my tracking number for passport and COPR is still inactive...

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
Hi. I'm in the same situation. Waiting for the exemption to be in place. Plan to go to the nearest border to Ottawa.

DaChui

Mar 21, 2020
May I know how long did it take you to receive the passport and COPR? My application was approved 10 days ago, but my tracking number for passport and COPR is still inactive...
from the moment they received my passport to deliver back to me, around 4 days

DaChui

Mar 21, 2020
Hi. I'm in the same situation. Waiting for the exemption to be in place. Plan to go to the nearest border to Ottawa.
Glad to know, I tried to land at Niagara March 17th which was very unlucky. The 5 people in front of me all landed successfully, but I got stopped and everyone else behind me also, the officer said no more applications will be processed anymore. Hopefully that won't happen anymore with the new exemption

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
Glad to know, I tried to land at Niagara March 17th which was very unlucky. The 5 people in front of me all landed successfully, but I got stopped and everyone else behind me also, the officer said no more applications will be processed anymore. Hopefully that won't happen anymore with the new exemption
That was very unfortunate. I guess you went just before the border ban came into effect, and Peace Bridge is one of the busiest border. I saw news yesterday that the border traffic has been reduced a lot. Just go next time when we have solid statement from the government.

DaChui

Mar 21, 2020
That was very unfortunate. I guess you went just before the border ban came into effect, and Peace Bridge is one of the busiest border. I saw news yesterday that the border traffic has been reduced a lot. Just go next time when we have solid statement from the government.
I know, its always a gamble going to one of these bridges in Niagara from what I have heard. But going to Thousand Island is just too far.

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
I know, its always a gamble going to one of these bridges in Niagara from what I have heard. But going to Thousand Island is just too far.
It's all based on the border officer. They have every right to turn people away. Just pray.

akb21

Feb 6, 2020
Toronto
According to CIC, domestic IRCC operations are limited to critical services only, not sure if dispatching passport is one of them.
I am in the same situation, counterfoil issued on 13th.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Check with the border before going there. Flagpoling isn’t considered essential border traffic so most have stopped doing it.

JoeyDi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
At the moment trying any border is not wise, I'd recommend you to explain your situation to the aspiring institution and see if you can apply as an international student and change your status afterwards.

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
Hi. I submitted a web form on Mar 19th, today received this from an agent:

Due to the disruption of services associated with the impacts of the novel coronavirus, all appointments have been cancelled.
  • Invitations for new appointments have not yet been sent.
  • You will be contacted with the next steps.
Regarding landings for permanent residence and other immigration services at the port of entry (POE):
  • You should not travel to a POE to apply directly to a border services officer.
  • Travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.

sherry111

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi. I submitted a web form on Mar 19th, today received this from an agent:

Due to the disruption of services associated with the impacts of the novel coronavirus, all appointments have been cancelled.
  • Invitations for new appointments have not yet been sent.
  • You will be contacted with the next steps.
Regarding landings for permanent residence and other immigration services at the port of entry (POE):
  • You should not travel to a POE to apply directly to a border services officer.
  • Travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
Does it mean even if we got copr we couldn't do anything until further notice?

MahtaAlijani

Nov 26, 2019
Hello All,

I am in the same situation with the difference that my work permit is going to expire soon and I am going to start a new job but I neither have PR nor work permit.
Does it consider as essential travel?