+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

in how many months did you receive your visa?

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
hello friends,
in how many weeks or months did you receive your student visa? I'm especially asking for those from TR
thank you

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
I’m not from TR, but I got my study permit at the airport when I asked nicely. All he needed was the LoA. Had me put my PoF away, didn’t want to see income. Gave my spouse a OWP at the airport while he was at it.

Took like half an hour or so total.

I’d imagine things are different now with COVID, and every country is very different.

Reactions: Urgonnabeokme

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
I’m not from TR, but I got my study permit at the airport when I asked nicely. All he needed was the LoA. Had me put my PoF away, didn’t want to see income. Gave my spouse a OWP at the airport while he was at it.

I’d imagine things are different now with COVID, and every country is very different.
okay but I'm talking about the Canadian study permit. After you apply for the institution, you apply for the study permit but to my knowledge, it takes some time and sometimes it gets refused even when you have a lot of money on the banc acc. I would like to ask how many months it took for you to receive your visa?

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020

are you from Europe or the US?

kathysrazor

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
okay but I'm talking about the Canadian study permit. After you apply for the institution, you apply for the study permit
Yes, that’s correct.

but to my knowledge, it takes some time and sometimes it gets refused even when you have a lot of money on the banc acc
It can. In my case, it took around 30 minutes, and he never looked at my bank account records.

I would like to ask how many months it took for you to receive your visa?
I didn’t have one. I just booked a flight to Canada, and talked to the agent at primary. I said I wanted to apply for a study permit, and he sent me to the desk at secondary to get one.