+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Canada Protected person filling out PR Application Query About Outside Dependent Children

aceofclub10

Nov 12, 2018
I am an accepted Refugee Claimant with my wife along with me in Canada filling out my PR Application.I want to sponsor my outside dependent Child under family reunification. My Wife is with me in Canada and I am the Principal applicant.

While filling him under my dependent on generic IMM008 Q 11 says: Will accompany principal applicant to Canada? Yes or No?

What do I write? at the moment he is non accompanying but he will accompany me as soon as i got pr and his got hi passport stamped from outside respected visa office

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I am an accepted Refugee Claimant with my wife along with me in Canada filling out my PR Application.I want to sponsor my outside dependent Child under family reunification. My Wife is with me in Canada and I am the Principal applicant.

While filling him under my dependent on generic IMM008 Q 11 says: Will accompany principal applicant to Canada? Yes or No?

What do I write? at the moment he is non accompanying but he will accompany me as soon as i got pr and his got hi passport stamped from outside respected visa office
Say Yes. It means he will accompany you later.

Also you can notify IRRC for an expedited process. Read below

"Protected persons’ minor children who are at risk
When both parents are protected persons in Canada, or if only one parent is in Canada and the other parent is deceased or their whereabouts are unknown, officers must be aware of the risks to which these children may be exposed if there are delays in finalizing the application in Canada for permanent residence. The situation may be particularly acute if the children are residing without the care and protection of an adult guardian, such as an older sibling, aunt, uncle or grandparent, in an area where a civil or international armed conflict is occurring.

Officers should arrange for the expedited medical examination of children (under the age of 18 years) when the particular circumstances increase the risk to their physical safety. Once the medical examination is completed, or where rapid medical clearance is not feasible and the child is at risk, visa officers should consider the option of early admission to Canada through the use of a temporary resident permit."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/protected-persons/stage-2-family-members-overseas.html