+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

in Canada PR application: Status changed to PR during Covid without travel document outside Canada

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
WP and TRV should actually no longer be valid. Sometimes it isn’t automatic but there is a risk that when you show up at the airport you won’t be allowed on the plane with the TRV.
That's what i was thinking as well, his temporary documents may very well already be null and void.

It should be the moment he received his COPR.

This is why the PRTD is a much better idea, also gives IRCC a chance to ensure everything in the system is reset so that when he's going through immigration, everything is up to date on file and his landing is smooth.

Reactions: Dkw

Dkw

Jun 12, 2020
WP and TRV should actually no longer be valid. Sometimes it isn’t automatic but there is a risk that when you show up at the airport you won’t be allowed on the plane with the TRV.
Thanks [B]canuck78[/B] and Islander216 . I got a mail from CIC to apply for PRTD. :(
I am so confused now. Visa office say I don't need PRTD. but CIC say I need PRTD. I am confused now. Visa office say still my PR is not finalized until I land and I can travel with temporary visa and permit.

Dkw

Jun 12, 2020
That's what i was thinking as well, his temporary documents may very well already be null and void.

It should be the moment he received his COPR.

This is why the PRTD is a much better idea, also gives IRCC a chance to ensure everything in the system is reset so that when he's going through immigration, everything is up to date on file and his landing is smooth.
Thanks. yes. I agree with that. But I am confused because I got two answers. I only got a letter saying your PR is approved and requesting photos for PR card. It has a number starting with "T" as CoPR number

sonu thind

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Thanks. yes. I agree with that. But I am confused because I got two answers. I only got a letter saying your PR is approved and requesting photos for PR card. It has a number starting with "T" as CoPR number
Hello can you please share what you did, were you able to travel on trv or you got PRTD

Dkw

Jun 12, 2020
Hello can you please share what you did, were you able to travel on trv or you got PRTD
Hello, yes I was able to travel with temporary visa. There's no landing process at airport. Just traveled as temporary resident and once I came applied for PR card.

Reactions: sonu thind