+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In canada on study permit can I do work for Indian company remotely

Bharvi Pandya

Mar 17, 2021
Hi guys Can anyone tell me what am I supposed to do if the company is not based in Canada, only in India. How can I make it legal that i am working for them... without having to hide anything?

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi guys Can anyone tell me what am I supposed to do if the company is not based in Canada, only in India. How can I make it legal that i am working for them... without having to hide anything?
Dear members and experts, Please shed some light on this.

velsina

Jun 23, 2021
My previous employer has offered me a part-time position to work remotely. Can I work for an Indian company that has its branch in the US while I'm in Canada on a study permit?
will there be any legal implications? will this arrangement affect in any way as a student?

velsina

Jun 23, 2021
No problem! What I've been reading is that you just need to make sure to pay the Canadian taxes. Still need to figure out the process tho, as I will be moving to Canada on Fall to study there and want to keep my remote, US-based job.
My current employer has offered me a part-time position to work remotely from Canada. It’s a US-based company that has no presence in Canada, can I work for them as a part-time employee while I'm on a study permit? I will be signing a contract of 20hrs/week which is permissible for students
will there be any legal implications? will this arrangement affect me in any way as a student? Do need to register me as a contractor honestly, I don't want to hassle between all these things.
instead, can I just work and get paid in my Canadian bank account and I pay taxes on that income? I read about payroll services who will act as a mediator between the employer and employee the payment will be done through them do you have any idea about this?

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
My previous employer has offered me a part-time position to work remotely. Can I work for an Indian company that has its branch in the US while I'm in Canada on a study permit?
will there be any legal implications? will this arrangement affect in any way as a student?
Yes you can work as the employer is outside of Canada.

pavithrag

Sep 5, 2021
Hi. My company has virtual office at Canada. I m planning to move to Canada for my masters. Can I continue working remotely from canada while studying? And can I receive the same payroll at India and pay taxes at India? Kindly advise me on the above.

pavithrag

Sep 5, 2021
Hi. My company has virtual office at Canada. I m planning to move to Canada for my masters. Can I continue working remotely from canada while studying? And can I receive the same payroll at India and pay taxes at India? Kindly advise me on the above.
Can anyone please let me know on the above?

jaibir2110

May 11, 2019
Hi, I am also looking for some clarrification if i continue my job from india and also study parallel in canada, will it be difficult for me to apply for PR in future.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No you can not. You must work for the Canadian office.

ashwik

Feb 21, 2023
No problem! What I've been reading is that you just need to make sure to pay the Canadian taxes. Still need to figure out the process tho, as I will be moving to Canada on Fall to study there and want to keep my remote, US-based job.
Hi, did you figure out the process on how to make this work? I have a similar situation.