+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Canada Approval Letter a day after medical exam request

Thrillhouse

Sep 21, 2015
Quick question regarding a visitor visa extension. We applied for a visitor visa extension in mid-July and have had implied status since the application was accepted. Yesterday we received a message requesting a medical examination so we booked one for next Friday ($400 for the exam). Today we received a message that said the visa extension was approved and our paper work was being mailed out. Does this mean we no longer need the medical exam. That is how I interpret things but I don't want to risk anything. The longer we can hold off on the medical exam the better because we plan on applying for a PRC once we reach common-law status and I know that the medical exam expires after one year. Thanks in advance for the help.

Dragana

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 6 2015
Somethings similar happened to me no worries its all good

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thrillhouse said:
Quick question regarding a visitor visa extension. We applied for a visitor visa extension in mid-July and have had implied status since the application was accepted. Yesterday we received a message requesting a medical examination so we booked one for next Friday ($400 for the exam). Today we received a message that said the visa extension was approved and our paper work was being mailed out. Does this mean we no longer need the medical exam. That is how I interpret things but I don't want to risk anything.
No, that's not what it means. The extension has been granted contingent on the medical being done. If the medical is not done, the extension will be cancelled and you will be told to leave Canada. Get the medical done ASAP.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
No, that's not what it means. The extension has been granted contingent on the medical being done. If the medical is not done, the extension will be cancelled and you will be told to leave Canada. Get the medical done ASAP.
But in Dragana's case the PR was approved without ever completing the medical at all.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ponga said:
But in Dragana's case the PR was approved without ever completing the medical at all.
Nothing to do with OP's post. OP is talking about the medical for a visitor extension. It is routine for CIC to approve extensions contingent on the medical being completed. The medical must be done or the visitor extension will be cancelled.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Nothing to do with OP's post. OP is talking about the medical for a visitor extension. It is routine for CIC to approve extensions contingent on the medical being completed. The medical must be done or the visitor extension will be cancelled.
I think it does, because Dragana is saying that she received PR approval without ever even completing the required medical.

How is that even possible?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ponga said:
I think it does, because Dragana is saying that she received PR approval without ever even completing the required medical.

How is that even possible?
No idea, probably clerical error. Still nothing to do with OP's post, as it is regular practice for CIC to grant a visitor extension without the medical, contingent on it actually being done within, I believe, 30 days. The Visitor Record will state this contingency when it comes in the mail.

aniketganoo

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31st Jan 2017
Med's Done....
2nd March 2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Quick question regarding a visitor visa extension. We applied for a visitor visa extension in mid-July and have had implied status since the application was accepted. Yesterday we received a message requesting a medical examination so we booked one for next Friday ($400 for the exam). Today we received a message that said the visa extension was approved and our paper work was being mailed out. Does this mean we no longer need the medical exam. That is how I interpret things but I don't want to risk anything. The longer we can hold off on the medical exam the better because we plan on applying for a PRC once we reach common-law status and I know that the medical exam expires after one year. Thanks in advance for the help.
Hi! Same thing happened with me. Did you finally get the Medicals done?

rxtve

Star Member
May 20, 2022
No idea, probably clerical error. Still nothing to do with OP's post, as it is regular practice for CIC to grant a visitor extension without the medical, contingent on it actually being done within, I believe, 30 days. The Visitor Record will state this contingency when it comes in the mail.
IS this the same case for a study permit extension? I was asked for a medical and then given the approval the next day, with no mention of contingencies and I have a physical copy of my permit now.