Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Hello,

I was reading the CIC website on Education (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp) and it mentions "An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one."

I would like some clarification on what counts as a Certificate. For example, if I were to take a computer networks certification (like CCNA) which could take up to 6 months, would that count as a valid education certificate that would give me score?

Or when they say certificate they mean a full university degree (bachelors, master or PhD)?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It depends how the course you take is evaluated through the ECA process. Most likely something like CCNA would get you no points.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmuntz said:
Hello,

I was reading the CIC website on Education (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp) and it mentions "An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one."

I would like some clarification on what counts as a Certificate. For example, if I were to take a computer networks certification (like CCNA) which could take up to 6 months, would that count as a valid education certificate that would give me score?

Or when they say certificate they mean a full university degree (bachelors, master or PhD)?

Thanks!
The certificates CIC accepts are:

College Certificate
Completion of College-level certificate
University Certificate
University Diploma
One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year certificate

And CIC specifies that they are 1-year certificates.

nmuntz

Jul 28, 2015
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
PR
LANDED..........
07-11-2017
Thank you istari! Appreciate your help.