NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Hi,

I landed here on 31st May 2019 on PR and am planning to get my car here from the US (US manufactured 2016 Toyota) in October. The car is clear of all liens and I will have a fresh title shortly. I have the following questions:

1. Upon landing, I had declared the car in goods to follow but the VO at YYZ airport said I cant declare it under Goods to follow, its a separate export-import process (which am aware of). So he struck that entry out of my excel and didnt include it in my goods to follow list (the blue and white paper that they give). Does that mean I will now have to pay duties? If so, How can i get this corrected?

2. When I have all the paperwork, Can i ask a friend in the US to drive it down to Toronto? Or will I have to be present at the border?

Many Thanks!!!

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Hi,

I landed here on 31st May 2019 on PR and am planning to get my car here from the US (US manufactured 2016 Toyota) in October. The car is clear of all liens and I will have a fresh title shortly. I have the following questions:

1. Upon landing, I had declared the car in goods to follow but the VO at YYZ airport said I cant declare it under Goods to follow, its a separate export-import process (which am aware of). So he struck that entry out of my excel and didnt include it in my goods to follow list (the blue and white paper that they give). Does that mean I will now have to pay duties? If so, How can i get this corrected?

2. When I have all the paperwork, Can i ask a friend in the US to drive it down to Toronto? Or will I have to be present at the border?

Many Thanks!!!
1. The officer was wrong, but I have no idea how or whether it's possible to fix.
2. Your friend can drive your car to Toronto (with your permission), but I think the question is whether the friend can do export/import the car without you? Yes, he can. I did it for my wife's car ( she is a PR and owner of the vehicle).