+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important: Questions of ITA from Last Draw

Zhao

Dec 5, 2014
I have the following questions:

1. In terms of my work experience, I have worked for 2 different companies (one after one) for 2 yr and 10 months. In each company, I had different positions cuz I got promoted :). However, the EE system requires each job title has a separate file of reference letter and pay stubs. I have all evidence. But I wonder, can I asked my boss to just do ONE reference letter where mentions all positions I did for the company, including duties, pay, and hours. Cuz asking my boss to write 2 or 3 letters for each position I did at his company sounds kinda stupid. I can just upload the same reference letter for different job titles but at the same company. Correct?

2. The first company I worked at went into bankruptcy. I was unlucky. However, I kept all my pay stubs (which show salary and hours), T4&Notice of Assessment, and work contracts. Moreover, I got in touch with one of my immediate supervisor back then, who works at another company now, for a reference letter of my previous job experience. With all these evidence:

- a reference letter from a previous supervisor (who is not longer with the company and he threw away all his previous business cards)
- T4 & Notice of Assessment
- all pay stubs which shows hours and pay
- Record of Employment (ROE)
- Job contract

Are these sufficient to prove my case? Any thoughts and advise please?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zhao said:
I have the following questions:

1. In terms of my work experience, I have worked for 2 different companies (one after one) for 2 yr and 10 months. In each company, I had different positions cuz I got promoted :). However, the EE system requires each job title has a separate file of reference letter and pay stubs. I have all evidence. But I wonder, can I asked my boss to just do ONE reference letter where mentions all positions I did for the company, including duties, pay, and hours. Cuz asking my boss to write 2 or 3 letters for each position I did at his company sounds kinda stupid. I can just upload the same reference letter for different job titles but at the same company. Correct?

Makes perfect sense. And your work history need not have 3 line items. Have just 1 line item which captures overall tenure with one employer and mention the latest job title and NOC. Repeat the same for 2nd employer. So you will end up with 2 line items in work history and the system will prompt you for 2 letters only.

2. The first company I worked at went into bankruptcy. I was unlucky. However, I kept all my pay stubs (which show salary and hours), T4&Notice of Assessment, and work contracts. Moreover, I got in touch with one of my immediate supervisor back then, who works at another company now, for a reference letter of my previous job experience. With all these evidence:

- a reference letter from a previous supervisor (who is not longer with the company and he threw away all his previous business cards)
- T4 & Notice of Assessment
- all pay stubs which shows hours and pay
- Record of Employment (ROE)
- Job contract

Are these sufficient to prove my case? Any thoughts and advise please?

These should suffice. Include them along with the a nicely drafted LOE highlighting your inability to provide reference letter in the required format because the company doesn't exist anymore and politely request the officer to consider your application as complete and process it on its merits.

Zhao

Dec 5, 2014
Thank you.

Still for the first questions. My situation is like that, I got in the company as a sales, then promoted to be a supervisor in 3 months, after 1 month I got promoted to be a manager. After being a manager for 4-5 months, the business closed. I know it sounds very crazy. But I actually did it.

So, in this case I still just provide one NOC under one company?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zhao said:
Thank you.

Still for the first questions. My situation is like that, I got in the company as a sales, then promoted to be a supervisor in 3 months, after 1 month I got promoted to be a manager. After being a manager for 4-5 months, the business closed. I know it sounds very crazy. But I actually did it.

So, in this case I still just provide one NOC under one company?
If you have claimed multiple NOCs then I stand corrected. In that case, create 1 line item for each NOC. And update NOC-specific reference letters for each line item. You can use the same reference letter ONLY if it clearly specifies the different roles & responsibilities for each job title/NOC.

Hope that clarifies.

Zhao

Dec 5, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
If you have claimed multiple NOCs then I stand corrected. In that case, create 1 line item for each NOC. And update NOC-specific reference letters for each line item. You can use the same reference letter ONLY if it clearly specifies the different roles & responsibilities for each job title/NOC.

Hope that clarifies.
Yes. Initially I actually broke all job titles into different NOCs in one company. Cuz my work experience contributes to my total CRS points. If I state only the highest position NOC under one company, I think it will change my points.

In my situation, based on how I created my profile, I have 3 NOCs for the first company, and 2 NOCs for the second company.

I will have 2 reference letters for each company. Each reference letter will mention all NOCs, length of time I had each position, hours, and pay. And I have all supporting documents.

The only thing I want to make sure is that, in this case, can I just use one reference letter repeated for one company whereas I more than one NOC. This is my question.

Appreciate if you can answer.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zhao said:
Yes. Initially I actually broke all job titles into different NOCs in one company. Cuz my work experience contributes to my total CRS points. If I state only the highest position NOC under one company, I think it will change my points.

In my situation, based on how I created my profile, I have 3 NOCs for the first company, and 2 NOCs for the second company.

I will have 2 reference letters for each company. Each reference letter will mention all NOCs, length of time I had each position, hours, and pay. And I have all supporting documents.

The only thing I want to make sure is that, in this case, can I just use one reference letter repeated for one company whereas I more than one NOC. This is my question.

Appreciate if you can answer.
Not a problem. Just add a meta-LOE to explain that each reference letter contains evidence of multiple NOCs so that the officer checking your application gets it right.

All the best!

Zhao

Dec 5, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Not a problem. Just add a meta-LOE to explain that each reference letter contains evidence of multiple NOCs so that the officer checking your application gets it right.

All the best!
Very helpful. Thanks a lot. You are so helpful other than anyone I have sought advice from insofar.

Appreciated so much! :D

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac

Do we need to explicitly add NOC number on the employment reference letter or will the duties and the job title suffice ? My company in USA is not going to mention any NOC number as this is Canada specific .

Any help !!!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reddevil666 said:
Hello Asivad Anac

Do we need to explicitly add NOC number on the employment reference letter or will the duties and the job title suffice ? My company in USA is not going to mention any NOC number as this is Canada specific .

Any help !!!!
Not needed at all. Make sure your roles & responsibilities are in close correspondence with the NOC main duties, that should suffice.

groundbirch

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my ITA last week and I have a few questions regarding the form to fill for the application.

1. in the section about various activities for the past 10 years: I have done some long-term & full-time volunteering (ie non-paid work). I've used the category "organisation". Do you think that's correct?

2. same section: for periods of unemployment, should I put the name of the unemployment agency in the box where they ask for the company?

3. trip abroad section: for one trip with several destinations in the same country, should I put the first city, the city I've stayed the longest in? What have you guys done?

4. I've done some volunteering for a non-profit organization while visiting Canada. Do you know whether that is legal without a work permit? Is it a reason for rejection? (I haven't seen it in that thread, but I haven't gone through all the pages yet)

5. Once I've filled out everything and move to the part with the documents to upload, can I go back to the forms to correct something?

6. The number of my WES ECA certificate doesn't appear anywhere, is that normal?

Thanks for your help and patience. You people are awesome.