+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT - need to send ALL documents to the CIO now (not visa office)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!!! This is indeed your AOR. Now, first, go celebrate. Then, continue practicing your patience until you hear from your visa office. You can also check the status of your application at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

On your AOR you should have an immigration file number (starts with a B and is followed by 9 numbers - for example: B123456789) which you will need. For other help go to https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=id_num&lang=en

Good luck!

immigrantapplicant said:
Dear All,

Today I received the following email from CIO (Centralized_Intake-Office @ cic.gc.ca).As per my understanding this is my AOR :) :) :) . I request to all seniors plz advice me what to do next. Thank You all very much for your support especially OhCanadiana and FMA. Kindly inform me what should be my reference number in future correspondence as they have mentioned 2 numberz.

13 December 2010 

  UCI: ********
Application: **********

Dear Name Hidden:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.

The Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which were published in the Canada Gazette on June 26, 2010. These instructions specify that only applicants who have work experience in certain listed occupations or applicants who have an offer of Arranged Employment and that are accompanied by the results of the principal applicant's English or French language proficiency assessment are eligible to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker class.
Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of:

X Work experience in an occupation specified in the Instructions issued by the Minister of
Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette on
June 26, 2010.

Arranged Employment in Canada
Please note: The requirements for Arranged Employment are outlined on: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp#factor5

Your application will be forwarded to the visa office in LONDON for further processing.
Any future correspondence should be sent to the visa office. Your reference (application) number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of 1100.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in 2180). Your receipt number is ***. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

It is important for you to learn about the steps you need to take to get your credentials and qualifications recognized in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends that you review the resources on the Foreign Credentials Referral Office's website (www.credentials.gc.ca) and the Going to Canada portal (www.goingtocanada.gc.ca) for helpful information about living and finding work in Canada. The Government of Canada funds free in-person labour market orientation sessions through the Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) in a variety of locations. You can consult the CIIP website (www.newcomersuccess.ca) for additional information.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

JR
Service Delivery Agent
Citizenship and Immigration
Federal Skilled Worker Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Saurav:
In addition to the documents listed by Dr. H....haven't others provided proof that the relative is actually LIVING IN CANADA with various utility receipts, etc.?
Hi Pippin :) If I can jump in here to agree with you ... I think this is one of those that vary between visa offices with offices increasingly requiring additional info over time (e.g., Buffalo has required utility receipts in their checklists but other visa offices have been knows to ask for the info also during the application process even though it is not required on their checklist.)

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Marry Christmas to all forum Members.

Regards,

Mayank

naveed1us

Nov 18, 2010
Re: IMPORTANT - How much time it will take that we recevd acknowledgement 4m CIO

Please can any body let me know that i have send my docs to CIO office under 3131 category........How much time it will take to get any response from CIO... do we will receive any acknowledgement from there after few time(2 or 3 months) if Yes. So when we can get it probably...... any idea or ........please friends also let me know how much time it can take from the time of file submission from the country of origin.

anil04_10

Champion Member
Aug 20, 2010
Brampton, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2015 Local Office....: Mississauga
AOR Received.
03-30-2015 In Process......: 06-15-2015 Test.......: 11-26-2015 Oath........: Waiting
Re: IMPORTANT - How much time it will take that we recevd acknowledgement 4m CIO

naveed1us said:
Please can any body let me know that i have send my docs to CIO office under 3131 category......................
.................. time of file submission from the country of origin.
Dear naveed

Knowing your payment status is the best way to ascertain the position of your application. If your CC/BD has been charged, it means that your application has passed the first hurdle i.e. Completeness check. Otherwise any official communication, regarding the receipt / acknowledgment for application (AOR) will be sent after almost 3.5 - 4 months. This time frame may gradually reduce.

Cheers, Anil

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11

Hi Naveed,

Is it possible for you to post details of your education . you have done B.Pharmacy or Diploma in Pharmacy ? Where r u from ?

Regards,
Mayank
naveed1us said:
Please can any body let me know that i have send my docs to CIO office under 3131 category........How much time it will take to get any response from CIO... do we will receive any acknowledgement from there after few time(2 or 3 months) if Yes. So when we can get it probably...... any idea or ........please friends also let me know how much time it can take from the time of file submission from the country of origin.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Dear All,

Please note that few forms for Application for PR ( for Federal Skilled Worker Class) has been changed.

Following forms are changed:-

1) Schedule 3 – Economic classes (IMM 0008)

2) Fees payment Form – Application for PR (includes Credit Card CVV no)

3) Document Checklist (IMM 5612)

To all who are submitting the full documents can take a note of this.

Regards
Cool

spacegurl

Sep 25, 2010
coolguy2010 said:
Dear All,

Please note that few forms for Application for PR ( for Federal Skilled Worker Class) has been changed.

Following forms are changed:-

1) Schedule 3 – Economic classes (IMM 0008)

2) Fees payment Form – Application for PR (includes Credit Card CVV no)

3) Document Checklist (IMM 5612)

To all who are submitting the full documents can take a note of this.

Regards
Cool
When did they change it? I have submitted my docs last week and I used the old forms. Why do they always keep on changing their forms and requirements? :(

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
spacegurl said:
When did they change it? I have submitted my docs last week and I used the old forms. Why do they always keep on changing their forms and requirements? :(
The changes were made in Dec-10 itself.

Nothing to worry about ur application. Using the old forms will not affect ur application.

All the best.

Regards
Cool

string11

Dec 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
jan 2012
IELTS Request
attached with application
Med's Request
8th nov 2013
Med's Done....
25th nov 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 Jan 2014
hey folks!
back from holiday mood ;D :D but .....still cio seems to be in holiday trip... :p :p :p
I was wondering about the note in cic website of the PCC Note: If you are including your police certificates with your application to the CIO, please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months earlier. Police certificates are generally valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. However, if a final decision is not made on your application before the expiry of your police certificate, the visa office may request that you provide a new one.

DOES THIS MEAN ONCE THE PCC U GOT WILL BE VALID FOR 12 MONTHS THOUGH NOTSUBMITTED WITH UR APPLICATION?
I got my pcc on october so doi have to reapply as soon as VO asks or will that the onei have will be ok as of12months validity?
ANYONE ANY IDEA ::) ::) PLEASE SHARE...........

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
string11 said:
hey folks!
back from holiday mood ;D :D but .....still cio seems to be in holiday trip... :p :p :p
I was wondering about the note in cic website of the PCC Note: If you are including your police certificates with your application to the CIO, please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months earlier. Police certificates are generally valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. However, if a final decision is not made on your application before the expiry of your police certificate, the visa office may request that you provide a new one.

DOES THIS MEAN ONCE THE PCC U GOT WILL BE VALID FOR 12 MONTHS THOUGH NOTSUBMITTED WITH UR APPLICATION?
I got my pcc on october so doi have to reapply as soon as VO asks or will that the onei have will be ok as of12months validity?
ANYONE ANY IDEA ::) ::) PLEASE SHARE...........
VO will not going to ask for PCC again if u already have submitted it with your initial application to CIO. Now, if u havn't submitted it to CIO yet then VO will ask for PCC. As you mentioned, your pcc was issued in oct so if VO ask for pcc after January(3 months from Oct) then u must reapply for PCC according to CIC rules.
please note that PCC is valid for 12 months but when sending it to CIO/VO it's issuing date must not exceed 3 months.

Y

yakba

Fellow Forum members,

I have a problem. On December 2, 2010, I sent completed application along with all required documents plus the fees to Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, NS using TNT courier. On Dec. 8 and Dec. 9, the status online mentioned “Delay due to weather conditions. Delivery at first opportunity.” Well I thought that it is fine, since they were getting lots of snow up north. But on Dec. 15 there was update on status which said “Shipment not received. Recovery actions underway.” I was baffled since I did not know what it meant. But I waited another day to see if there was any change in status, but there were no changes. Finally on December 17th, I called the local agent for TNT here in Trinidad and Tobago, which is Trinidad and Tobago postal service. They did not know what it meant and promised me to get back to me once they contacted Canada. In the meantime I emailed to TNT North America letting them know what had happened. I received a reply saying that they are tracking it down.

I have been calling TT post every day except on Christmas day to know what had happened to my document. They say that they still do not have any answers for me. I even called TNT North America and talked to the lady there. She told me that it would take at least 5 -6 working days to trace back and see what really had happened in Canada. That was on Dec. 24th.

I am worried that TNT might have lost all my documents, since I am not getting any answers. Does anyone know what it means by “Shipment not received?” Does it mean Centralized Intake Office refused to accept my docs? Or maybe my address was wrong? I used the address given for documents to be sent when using courier.

Somebody please give me advice as what to do.

Yakba
(Distraught and frustrated)

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Sorry to hear about this Yakba,

My docs sent from Dubai, UAE also had a similar status from TNT for just a few hours or something. But it changed to delivered - I did not need to intervene, since the first time I saw the status it was already delivered. But there was another line before which stated the same as yours. I do hope they can track it down soon and all this will be forgotten. Can you scare them with 'this will mean a big loss and that you would take this up with the "auhorities" for making the losses good'...etc. I.e. - just scare them that they must pay up...might just work. Keep faith and do not worry too much - it will all work out!
Best wishes
Nav

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to everybody.

I am going to re-start my application to Canada through the federal skilled worker program once again. I did submit my application about a year and a half ago and in February of this year I did receive everything back because my legal status in the USA was not approved as a residency status for me to apply from this country. They did advice me to re-start this process from my country of nationality which is Colombia in South-America.

Anyway, what I am trying to understand and I will appreciate any advice, comment and/or help you can provide, is if should I use a representative to submit my application again? and about the work references and certifications, I did updated them back in August and September 2009, are they still good enough or do I have to renew all this documents again?

I have the IELTS test on January 22 and I already submit the forms to obtain all of my PCC, which I hope I will get them by the second week of October.

Another question is, I am a civil engineer but I am applying as a cook, NOC 6242, I do have more than 2 years of certified experience as a line cook and kitchen supervisor in the USA plus I had my own bar-restaurant in my country a few years ago. In this case, if my academic background is different from the occupation I am applying for, this will create a conflict on my application? it will affect the points I will be awarded on the assessment for the 67 points mark?

I do appreciate your time and help, and if in any way I can be of your assistance please let me know and I will do as much as I can.

Thank you to everybody, and merry Xmas and happy new year. We'll be in touch

omaus