+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important Inquiry for the visitor's visa application for my mother.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay. I understand. (But minor) Bryanna, I'm just 20 years old, I got accepted for my Master's degree and this will be my very first time of moving away from my family to a really far place like Canada. It's only natural as a mother to want to travel with her child to a place she's never been to before. There is a letter of explanation and she already explained her reasons for wanting to travel with me or accompany me. I'm 100 percent sure there is no crime or law against her coming with me since she'll be spending just 9 days in Canada. With my explanation, I'm guessing you'll understand what I mean.

That's why I asked that question. With my explanation so far, does it mean I can select 'Yes' on both family information applications? Since she really wants to come with me.
You keep asking the same thing over and over again expecting a different answer. As already stated multiple times, your mother is NOT accompanying you. These are COMPLETELY separate applications.

20 years old is an adult. When I was 20, I was backpacking around Europe by myself.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Unfortunately, I cannot relate to your explanation for your mom to accompany you.

Me and one of my younger siblings (both of us were pre-teens) were sent to boarding school in another country (not Canada) because our family were expats. Although my parents were concerned about us, my mom/dad did not accompany us to check things out. We even traveled alone without supervision. Later, our local guardian took care of us.

Your mom applying for a TRV would make the visa officer to believe that she is *moving* with you for the 2-year duration of your study program. That's probably why she has been refused.

Also, you have not been granted a study permit. Your mom applying for a TRV is rather premature
Okay. I completely understand.

Yes, she was once refused because she didn't show strong ties with country of residence. Also, there was no letter of explanation explaining and talking about her major purpose of visiting as well as proof of strong ties and there were some important documents she didn't submit, which I later got to find out from this forum, that they were actually very important. Regardless, I believe with a very good letter of explanation, documents and proof of any details relating to strong ties. I personally feel there wouldn't be any issue.

Okay, rephrasing my question, if I were actually a minor (Below 18 or 19 I presume). The answer to my initial question concerning the 'Will accompany you to Canada?'. The answers on both family information forms would have to be 'Yes and Yes' right?? OR just 'Yes' on my form and 'No' on hers??

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
You keep asking the same thing over and over again expecting a different answer. As already stated multiple times, your mother is NOT accompanying you. These are COMPLETELY separate applications.

20 years old is an adult. When I was 20, I was backpacking around Europe by myself.
Yes, I get you. I'm West African. Our upbringing is a bit different from the other parts of the world. Our parents are actively involved in literally everything we do. No form of independence AT ALL. It's what we all are used to already. That's why I asked the question in order not to make mistakes on the forms.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
.Okay, rephrasing my question, if I were actually a minor (Below 18 or 19 I presume). The answer to my initial question concerning the 'Will accompany you to Canada?'. The answers on both family information forms would have to be 'Yes and Yes' right?? OR just 'Yes' on my form and 'No' on hers??
Minor or adult, the answer to the 'Accompanying' question remains the same: No

From the IRCC glossary, here's the definition of 'Accompanying':
Accompanying family member
A spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child (grandchild), who plans to immigrate to Canada with the principal applicant. Accompanying family members are included on the application

Your mom is not an accompanying family member + the applications for your study permit and her TRV are independent of each other

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Minor or adult, the answer to the 'Accompanying' question remains the same: No

From the IRCC glossary, here's the definition of 'Accompanying':
Accompanying family member
A spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child (grandchild), who plans to immigrate to Canada with the principal applicant. Accompanying family members are included on the application

Your mom is not an accompanying family member + the applications for your study permit and her TRV are independent of each other
Okay. Thank you so so much. I really appreciate your help.

On my mum's previous application, she selected 'yes'...'will accompany you to Canada' (on my own name). But now that I've gotten a correction and clearer understanding from you. The real answer should have been 'No'. Should she explain to the visa officer in her letter of explanation that it was mistake and it's been corrected on the new application??

I heard that if there are any discrepancies or mistakes in the forms either in the refused form or new form, it might be considered as a misrepresentation. So should the mistake be addressed/explained or no need for any explanation?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Should she explain to the visa officer in her letter of explanation that it was mistake and it's been corrected on the new application??
No, not required. The fact that she is applying for a TRV at the same time that you're applying for a study permit indicates she intends to travel with you. But technically, she is not an accompanying family member.

I heard that if there are any discrepancies or mistakes in the forms either in the refused form or new form, it might be considered as a misrepresentation. So should the mistake be addressed/explained or no need for any explanation?
Misrepresentation comes into the picture for fraudulent/forged documents + not declaring previous visa refusals + similar factually incorrect claims

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
No, not required. The fact that she is applying for a TRV at the same time that you're applying for a study permit indicates she intends to travel with you. But technically, she is not an accompanying family member.

Misrepresentation comes into the picture for fraudulent/forged documents + not declaring previous visa refusals + similar factually incorrect claims
All right. Thank you.

Concerning the official bank statements, on the Canadian application site, they requested for 4 months but here on the forum, a lot of people have been saying it's 6 months. Please which is correct, submitting a 4 month bank statement or for 6 months??
(I asked because we're all in different regions. That's why I'm not too sure of what to submit).

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Concerning the official bank statements, on the Canadian application site, they requested for 4 months but here on the forum, a lot of people have been saying it's 6 months. Please which is correct, submitting a 4 month bank statement or for 6 months??
(I asked because we're all in different regions. That's why I'm not too sure of what to submit).
It's safer to submit statements for 6-months. In some cases, it is advisable to go back even one year in case there was a large deposit (for example, sale of property) to prove that the bank statement matches the tax returns and the income earned

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
It's safer to submit statements for 6-months. In some cases, it is advisable to go back even one year in case there was a large deposit (for example, sale of property) to prove that the bank statement matches the tax returns and the income earned
Okay. Thank you.
A quick question please.
On the TRV application form, there's a section which says 'Details of visit to Canada'

1. Purpose: She selected 'other'
2. Other: 'Travelling with daughter to school'
3. Available funds: $19,000
4. Indicate how long you intend to stay: August 24, 2018 to September 1, 2018
Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit
**Name:
**Relationship to me:
**Address in Canada: ........ in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Please,question 4, what name are they referring to? Is it the name of the hotel she intends to stay at or the name of the university I got accepted to?? (We don't have any friend or family in Halifax, that's why she'll be staying in an hotel for a few days)….and what relationship are they referring to?? (since she isn't staying with anyone in particular. Just in an hotel.)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
4. Indicate how long you intend to stay: August 24, 2018 to September 1, 2018
Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit
**Name:
**Relationship to me:
**Address in Canada: ........ in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Name of the hotel

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Name of the hotel

On my previous family information form. I filled section A which is my father and mother's information. section B says Children, and the last line on the page says 'if no children listed in section B, read and sign below. I certify that I do not have any natural, adopted nor step children '.

I am not married and I do not have any children. I didn't fill in section B in my former application. I was checking an information online, and I saw something about including brothers and sisters information. I'm confused right now. Please what is that section meant for exactly, is it for the children of the applicant?? Is there anything to worry about??

(I'm scared because I thought it was meant for only children and my new application might be considered as a misrepresentation if I include my siblings' names in that section B). I applied using the IMM5707(05-2018)E family information form as instructed on the study permit document check list.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
On my previous family information form. I filled section A which is my father and mother's information. section B says Children, and the last line on the page says 'if no children listed in section B, read and sign below. I certify that I do not have any natural, adopted nor step children '.

I am not married and I do not have any children. I didn't fill in section B in my former application. I was checking an information online, and I saw something about including brothers and sisters information. I'm confused right now. Please what is that section meant for exactly, is it for the children of the applicant?? Is there anything to worry about??

(I'm scared because I thought it was meant for only children and my new application might be considered as a misrepresentation if I include my siblings' names in that section B). I applied using the IMM5707(05-2018)E family information form as instructed on the study permit document check list.
Each application form is to be filled as if the applicant is filling it. For your study permit, you're the applicant.

You must give the details about your siblings (sisters/brothers + half-sisters/half-brothers + step-sisters/step-brothers, as applicable).... in Section C of the Family Information form.

I recommend you go through the Instruction Guides on the IRCC website before you complete the forms

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Each application form is to be filled as if the applicant is filling it. For your study permit, you're the applicant.

You must give the details about your siblings (sisters/brothers + half-sisters/half-brothers + step-sisters/step-brothers, as applicable).... in Section C of the Family Information form.

I recommend you go through the Instruction Guides on the IRCC website before you complete the forms
Okay.

There is no section C in the family information form IMM5707. Just SECTION A and SECTION B.
SECTION A is for information about the applicant's spouse, mother and father. (I filled in the information for my mother and father)
SECTION B is for information about children (It is indicated that, if no children, the applicant should sign).

Those are the only two sections given. There's no section for siblings.

Is it okay if I omit section B and just sign beneath since I don't have any kids and also, if I don't put any information about my siblings, will that be okay as well?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Okay.

There is no section C in the family information form IMM5707. Just SECTION A and SECTION B.
SECTION A is for information about the applicant's spouse, mother and father. (I filled in the information for my mother and father)
SECTION B is for information about children (It is indicated that, if no children, the applicant should sign).

Those are the only two sections given. There's no section for siblings.

Is it okay if I omit section B and just sign beneath since I don't have any kids and also, if I don't put any information about my siblings, will that be okay as well?
Ah okay. IMM5707 is a bit different from IMM5645.

For your question:
Sign where it is necessary