+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMPORTANT! I WAS TOLD I COULD BE REFUSED VISA FOR THIS. PLEASE HELP!

enKhing

Aug 5, 2017
I studied Financial Management Technology from the Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. I have worked for three (3) years (after national service) but I want to switch careers to Software Engineering/Development.

I currently work in the Human Capital Outsourcing department (while understudying in the IT department) of one of the leading human resource firms in Nigeria.

I have been able to develop myself to have sufficient knowledge of certain programming languages like HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP (not so sufficient).

My learning is accelerated when it is programming or anything related to computers. I feel this is what I was created for. I wish to switch careers to become a Software Engineer/Developer as this is the path that will aid my ultimate goal attainment and fulfillment in life.

I wish to pursue a second Bachelor's degree in Computing Science, Computer Science or Software engineering at a University in Canada. I have good passes in the required subjects (equivalents) as stated in the admission requirements of the schools I have researched.

Given my first degree background (as stated above), what are my chances? Am I still eligible for the bachelor's program? Will my visa application be considered?

I hear I may not be granted Visa since another degree does not show progression. Is this true?

Also, which university(ies) have the lowest tuition fees for international students?

enKhing

Aug 5, 2017
Usually visa approvals are very slim from Bachelor to Bachelor degree unless you are from English Speaking countries. Only way to go is with Masters program. Or you could take long way, go to either the UK, Australia, NZ, study diploma in your desired field for a year or 2 then apply to Canadian uni with Masters program.

I studied business at highschool and changed my field to Graphic Design. Canada is tough....I took the bloody long way. I did design and media studies in Australia. Now planning to do masters in Canada.
Thank you very much for your response. Don't you think I will face the same problem with Australia? Don't you think it will even be worse applying for a Diploma when I already have a Bachelor's degree?

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
I studied Financial Management Technology from the Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. I have worked for three (3) years (after national service) but I want to switch careers to Software Engineering/Development.

I currently work in the Human Capital Outsourcing department (while understudying in the IT department) of one of the leading human resource firms in Nigeria.

I have been able to develop myself to have sufficient knowledge of certain programming languages like HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP (not so sufficient).

My learning is accelerated when it is programming or anything related to computers. I feel this is what I was created for. I wish to switch careers to become a Software Engineer/Developer as this is the path that will aid my ultimate goal attainment and fulfillment in life.

I wish to pursue a second Bachelor's degree in Computing Science, Computer Science or Software engineering at a University in Canada. I have good passes in the required subjects (equivalents) as stated in the admission requirements of the schools I have researched.

Given my first degree background (as stated above), what are my chances? Am I still eligible for the bachelor's program? Will my visa application be considered?

I hear I may not be granted Visa since another degree does not show progression. Is this true?

Also, which university(ies) have the lowest tuition fees for international students?

I would suggest you to get a study permit for masters with a relevant course to your Bachelors. Your work experience is more related to your Bachelors. Once you get to Canada you can switch programs. Don't take any risk with changing your courses, the rejection chances will be higher.

Reactions: enKhing

enKhing

Aug 5, 2017
I would suggest you to get a study permit for masters with a relevant course to your Bachelors. Your work experience is more related to your Bachelors. Once you get to Canada you can switch programs. Don't take any risk with changing your courses, the rejection chances will be higher.
Thanks a lot brother, I greatly appreciate your contribution.

Mariaogb

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Please i need help has anyone succefully done eca for industrial chemistry imo state university as j was told that mine wasnt accredited