+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important doubt regarding PCC

ajay1989

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
HI All,

I submitted my PR application on July 6 after I got my ITA on end June.
I am an Indian applicant residing in Singapore. For the PCC requirement.
As Indian embassy and Singapore police needs a letter from CIC to issue PCC, CIC website has mentioned that they will issue a letter once we apply for PR.
But I was able to get the PCC letter from both Singapore and Indian authorities showing my ITA letter and used it for my application. I though it would make my application faster

Now I was browsing through the reasons for rejections, and I found one reason was that
"Police Certificates Police certificate from India for your spouse was issued before submission of the application. It is not up to date,"
It seems like they are strict on the PCC procurement protocols.

I was wondering if somebody had similar case and got the PR. Please help me with your inputs.

Thank you in advance

Ajay

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay1989 said:
HI All,

I submitted my PR application on July 6 after I got my ITA on end June.
I am an Indian applicant residing in Singapore. For the PCC requirement.
As Indian embassy and Singapore police needs a letter from CIC to issue PCC, CIC website has mentioned that they will issue a letter once we apply for PR.
But I was able to get the PCC letter from both Singapore and Indian authorities showing my ITA letter and used it for my application. I though it would make my application faster

Now I was browsing through the reasons for rejections, and I found one reason was that
"Police Certificates Police certificate from India for your spouse was issued before submission of the application. It is not up to date,"
It seems like they are strict on the PCC procurement protocols.

I was wondering if somebody had similar case and got the PR. Please help me with your inputs.

Thank you in advance

Ajay
Hello Ajay,

How old were the police certificates you submitted?

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the PC must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.

For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the PC must be issued later than the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.

If the PC you have submitted fulfil the above criteria than you are fine.

ajay1989

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
sam_172452 said:
Hello Ajay,

How old were the police certificates you submitted?

For the applicant's current country of residence, the PC must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.

For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the PC must be issued later than the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.

If the PC you have submitted fulfil the above criteria than you are fine.

Hello Sam,

Thanks for the reply
Both the PCC was issued just 1 day before e-APR. It meets that criteria.

I was only worried that CIC had told that they will issue letter for getting the PCC. But I got it with ITA letter and submitted it.
Will it be a problem if PCC date is before the e-Apr date (since they expect it to be so. Because we are supoosed to upload it after getting the letter)

I saw the reason for rejection as
""Police Certificates Police certificate from India for your spouse was issued before submission of the application. It is not up to date,""

Thanks
Ajay

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay1989 said:
Hello Sam,

Thanks for the reply
Both the PCC was issued just 1 day before e-APR. It meets that criteria.

I was only worried that CIC had told that they will issue letter for getting the PCC. But I got it with ITA letter and submitted it.
Will it be a problem if PCC date is before the e-Apr date (since they expect it to be so. Because we are supoosed to upload it after getting the letter)

I saw the reason for rejection as
""Police Certificates Police certificate from India for your spouse was issued before submission of the application. It is not up to date,""

Thanks
Ajay
That shouldn't be a problem in your case. If you probe that member's case further, you are likely to find that their spouse's PCC must have been issued beyond the date of validity of the PCC.

ajay1989

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
That shouldn't be a problem in your case. If you probe that member's case further, you are likely to find that their spouse's PCC must have been issued beyond the date of validity of the PCC.
Thanks Asivad.

But I see this on CIC website for Singapore PCC

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Since I uploaded PCC before they send me a letter, wouldn't that be a issue?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay1989 said:
Thanks Asivad.

But I see this on CIC website for Singapore PCC

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

Since I uploaded PCC before they send me a letter, wouldn't that be a issue?
No. CIC might ask you to get a PCC from Singapore again during the process but you won't get rejected on this basis.