+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
No just slow processing which is 140 working days something which can easly take in 6months.
Any idea about my implied status or my case?

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harpreet ss said:
No just slow processing which is 140 working days something which can easly take in 6months.
Any idea about my implied status or my case?
From everything that I've read I believe that what others have told you is correct: the work experience during that period counts as implied status.
But I'm not sure of whether it counts for CEC because full time work during study vacation is not considered. Have you tried calling an immigration officer? Please share if you find out the real answer to this question.

One question though: when you received your PGWP in december, was it valid for the amount of time you studied beginning in december, or did it count from july?

dazzlingcrystal

Apr 23, 2015
Ok I was in a similar PGWP situation a couple of years ago: when people first apply for study permit, they normally are granted with however long the study period is plus three to four months for applying PGWP, but for me, because of my co-op, I graduated four months later than the normal study period, which is right before my study permit expired. I consulted with the international student office at my school, and was informed that I can just apply for PGWP and can legally work during the waiting period, and can show my employer the confirmation that CIC received my application (back then I didn't know this is implied status). I also confirmed with my employer (which is my school actually) about the work permit situation since I started working part-time one month before graduation and the HR confirmed the same thing. But, as paranoid as I am, I actually applied a study permit extension for four months and put the reason as "potential gap between study permit and PGWP", and maybe an off-campus work permit (I couldn't remember actually, it was around the time they changed the rules) so I know I was covered by legal status. But when I apply PR under CEC, I didn't count the time during this period since I wanted to be 100% sure regarding the qualifying period. Hope this helps.