+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Hi everyone,
I graduated in June and applied for my work permit in same month.From July 1st I started working full time till now but I got my PGWP in December.I am so confused if this work experience is eligibale towards my CEC experience?They said that implied status is eligibale but not sure that I was on Implied stautus or not during those six months?Or what we call the term if we are waiting for our PGWP?
Replies will be highly appericiated.
Thanku

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
harpreet ss said:
Hi everyone,
I graduated in June and applied for my work permit in same month.From July 1st I started working full time till now but I got my PGWP in December.I am so confused if this work experience is eligibale towards my CEC experience?They said that implied status is eligibale but not sure that I was on Implied stautus or not during those six months?Or what we call the term if we are waiting for our PGWP?
Thanku
Did you have a work permit before you applied for the new one? Then you were also allowed to work during implied status, because implied status means that the same conditions of your last visa are valid and apply while you are waiting for the next one. If you did not have a work permit before going on implied status, I think, it's unauthorized work.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
harpreet ss said:
Hi everyone,
Thanku
If you are on a WP from July 1 till Dec , then its counted towards the CEC eligiblity.
If you are on Study permit and then worked till dec on that , then NO its not counted towards CEC
you need to have 1 yr exp on a valid work permit

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
akil_f1 said:
If you are on Study permit and then worked till dec on that , then NO its not counted towards CEC
Were you eligible to work on your study permit? Usually, students are now allowed to work 20 hours per week. I do not know if a separate work permit is required for that or if that is part of your student visa though. Perhaps, this may actually cover your implied status, but I am not sure.

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
@OH WoW.
Thank you for your reply,No I didnt had any Work permit before because I was student and graduated in June.I applied for my PGWP on same month after my graduation.Then I started working full time from next month i.e July till now and got my PGWP after 6months which I applied 6 months back in June.

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
@akil
Thanku you for reply.
Yes I did applied for PGWP in june after my Graduation but got the work permit in december after 6 months.During that time I can legally work.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
harpreet ss said:
@OH WoW.
Thank you for your reply,No I didnt had any Work permit before because I was student and graduated in June.I applied for my PGWP on same month after my graduation.Then I started working full time from next month i.e July till now and got my PGWP after 6months which I applied 6 months back in June.
You worked without a work permit. It's not allowed.

ailsaclare

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
27-02-2016 Med's Recv'd: 12-03-2016 RPRF Upfront: 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-03-2016
OhWow said:
You worked without a work permit. It's not allowed.
Recently, study permits have included a work authorization without the need to apply for a separate work permit - if the OP had this authorization (R 186 f / v/ w) and applied for PGWP they were fine to work on implied status as I understand it.

However I'm not clear whether this 6 months on implied status would be eligible for CEC or not as ordinarily work done while a student doesn't count.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
ailsaclare said:
Recently, study permits have included a work authorization without the need to apply for a separate work permit - if the OP had this authorization and applied for PGWP they were fine to work on implied status as I understand it.
That's what I asked above.

ailsaclare said:
However I'm not clear whether this 6 months on implied status would be eligible for CEC or not as ordinarily work done while a student doesn't count.
That is the question! :D

ailsaclare

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
27-02-2016 Med's Recv'd: 12-03-2016 RPRF Upfront: 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-03-2016
OhWow said:
That's what I asked above.

That is the question! :D
I just thought the OP might be confused by your Q - they'd be right in saying they didn't have a work permit if they had the right to work through their study permit :)

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
ailsaclare said:
I just thought the OP might be confused by your Q - they'd be right in saying they didn't have a work permit if they had the right to work through their study permit :)
Right. Now the question is,... was he allowed to work full-time? Because when being on implied status, usually the conditions of the last status remain, which means 20 hours per week (part-time) only (as a student).

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
@Ail
But the student can work full time on his legally drops /vactions from college Or after student is graduated till the decision is made on his application of work permit.Thats the rule from so long.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
harpreet ss said:
@Ail
But the student can work full time on his legally drops /vactions from college Or after student is graduated till the decision is made on his application of work permit.Thats the rule from so long.

Yes you can work on Off campus work permit full time after graduating until you get your PGWP, and that experience counts towards CEC.
Source:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
@Goku
Thanku so much for sharing helpful link but I cant see anywhere that we can use those time i.e when I was waiting for my PGWP towards our CEC experience.Do you have any clue about it?

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
6 months to process PGWP?? Was there any specific reason why it took so long? I thought it used to take around 2 months.