+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status when switching from PGWP to Visitor record

_Lemon

Mar 26, 2020
While waiting for PR approval, my PGWP is going to expire in April. Since I am in Quebec and my employer is not willing to issue a offer letter for me to apply for closed work permit, I applied for a visitor record instead.

I am wondering can I legally work while I am waiting for the result of visitor record? Or the question can be is my implied status as worker or visitor while I am waiting for the decision on visitor record?

Thank you in advance

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment or correct but you can only work until your PGWP expires after which you would be on an 'implied status' as a visitor pending a decision on your visitor application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
While waiting for PR approval, my PGWP is going to expire in April. Since I am in Quebec and my employer is not willing to issue a offer letter for me to apply for closed work permit, I applied for a visitor record instead.

I am wondering can I legally work while I am waiting for the result of visitor record? Or the question can be is my implied status as worker or visitor while I am waiting for the decision on visitor record?

Thank you in advance
As above, you can work until PGWP expiry. You cannot work on Implied Status.