+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status - Study permit extension.

trampolinegirl

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yes you can apply for PGWP on implied status but do not forget to pay restoration fee along with all other fee .But before applying pls check Canada.ca website because there is recent changes made related to PGWP application eligibility requirements.
Why would you need to pay a restoration fee? That's for if you lose status isn't it? If you have implied status then you haven't lost it.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You dont need restoration if you are on implied status. Implied status means you applied for extensions before your permit expired, you only need to restore if you let your permit expire before applying for extension.
It might be a good idea to include a letter that points out that you are on implied status.

trampolinegirl

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Yes but you don't have physical proof of status when you are on implied status.
You can prove that you applied before your study permit expired. And IRCC has all that information anyway, so I don't think it should be at all difficult to prove to them.

My main concern would be what happens if your study permit extension is approved more than 3 months after you graduate, as that means it's already expired. I have no idea what your status would become then.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
You can prove that you applied before your study permit expired. And IRCC has all that information anyway, so I don't think it should be at all difficult to prove to them.

My main concern would be what happens if your study permit extension is approved more than 3 months after you graduate, as that means it's already expired. I have no idea what your status would become then.
That is left to the discretion of the Visa offiicer. I have seen cases where such an applicant is asked to submit proof of enrollment of their last semester etc or given one/two months extension. See @NAVNII Profile.

Usually though, they outrightly refuse but who know what happens in this case.

SaiKrish

Apr 22, 2020
I am in same situation , MY SP extension from 24 Sept 2019 still in processing , graduated from college on 27 jan 2020 ,Applied for PGWP on implied status 05 FEB, 2020 . Then started working 20 hrs / week . I stopped working 20 hrs once I received official confirmation of study completion from college.After applying for PGWP on implied status , I wrote a letter to CPC edmonton, ( as told by IRCC agent)to explain them about this situation.They received that letter but no reply and no improvement in SP extension processing.
Did you apply for restoration along with pgwp, please let me know, thanks

SaiKrish

Apr 22, 2020
Yes you can apply for PGWP on implied status but do not forget to pay restoration fee along with all other fee .But before applying pls check Canada.ca website because there is recent changes made related to PGWP application eligibility requirements.
i have made a new application without restoration, what should i do? because i thought i have a status, so didn't apply for restoration

SaiKrish

Apr 22, 2020
Hello everyone, I have applied for study permit extension on 18th November 2019 and still waiting for the decision, Is there anyone who is waiting for this long. Please respond, thanks and I have applied for pgwp on implied status on April23, 2020.

Harman36

Apr 29, 2020
Hello everyone, I have applied for study permit extension on 18th November 2019 and still waiting for the decision, Is there anyone who is waiting for this long. Please respond, thanks and I have applied for pgwp on implied status on April23, 2020.
Have you got it approved cause i m in the same situation

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you need biometrics you will not be approved without them, your application will remain on hold until biometrics open up again. Service Canada just starting to open offices but no biometrics yet, some centers outside Canada are also opening up.