+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status - Study permit extension.

mindbender20

Feb 15, 2020
I am not on implied status.
my visa is getting expired only on March.
Also im not looking for PGWP. I need SPE

Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
This is so true. I know a guy who was issued a deportation order when he went to border for to get PGWP on implied status.
The weird thing is if you search online you can find official info that says this is fine to go to the US and back on implied status. So not sure whats going on.

mindbender20

Feb 15, 2020
The weird thing is if you search online you can find official info that says this is fine to go to the US and back on implied status. So not sure whats going on.
Who may flagpole for a study permit?

The following people may apply for a study permit at a Canadian port of entry:

• A US citizen,
  • A Permanent Resident of the United States or rather a Green Card holder,
  • A person that the US has lawfully admitted them for permanent residence,
  • A resident of St. Pierre and Miquelon, or
  • A resident of Green Land. (Source: section 214 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations)

If you do not fall under any of these groups, do not flagpole for a study permit. If unqualified, you could face one of the following problems:

• The officer allows you to enter Canada but advises you to apply online or by paper after the entry
  • The officer issues a removal order for you
  • In rare cases, you may face detention
I am not sure.
However, the website mentions study permit and not for study permit extension.
May be I need to consult an Immigration Lawyer asap.

mindbender20

Feb 15, 2020

• A US citizen,
  • A resident of Green Land. (Source: section 214 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations)

If you do not fall under any of these groups, do not flagpole for a study permit. If unqualified, you could face one of the following problems:

• The officer allows you to enter Canada but advises you to apply online or by paper after the entry
I am not sure.
What I found was the Border officials cant do any exyensions.
They can only give a new permit.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

• A US citizen,

I am not sure.
I was not referring to applying for a study permit, just leaving to US on implied status if you already have an application in process and applying for PGWP.

JASPRET

Jan 23, 2020
Seems like a not a possible way without just waste PGWP 180 days. I also in same situation waiting from 1 November and done my graduation in December. Still no any updates from officials.
NOTE. Officials demands transcripts before issuing an extension and those who complete their study might have chances of refusing due to no study available to do with extension. So they put students on restoration and ask to apply PGWP together. Mostly students get refused with it.
If you have some part-time study its hard to explain all this matters together on restoration.
So still have no any positive and perfect way to get a decision on PGWP.
PLEASE POST COMMENTS IF ANY ONE HAS GOOD INFORMATION.
thanks

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Seems like a not a possible way without just waste PGWP 180 days. I also in same situation waiting from 1 November and done my graduation in December. Still no any updates from officials.
NOTE. Officials demands transcripts before issuing an extension and those who complete their study might have chances of refusing due to no study available to do with extension. So they put students on restoration and ask to apply PGWP together. Mostly students get refused with it.
If you have some part-time study its hard to explain all this matters together on restoration.
So still have no any positive and perfect way to get a decision on PGWP.
PLEASE POST COMMENTS IF ANY ONE HAS GOOD INFORMATION.
thanks
There is need to speak about this issue , until students will not speak about this matter , how they will know , the condition of valid study permit to apply PGWP is very problematic, especially nowadays when extension processing times are more than 100 days . If every student who currently in this situation , send feedback to IRCC , definitely soon they will come up with new policy for applying PGWP. I mention about this problem in written letter to CPC Edmonton, IRCC agent on phone several times , Requested to IRCC agents if its possible can I meet to local cic officer ( by appointment ), sent feedback regarding this on IRCC portal.

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
There is need to speak about this issue , until students will not speak about this matter , how they will know , the condition of valid study permit to apply PGWP is very problematic, especially nowadays when extension processing times are more than 100 days . If every student who currently in this situation , send feedback to IRCC , definitely soon they will come up with new policy for applying PGWP. I mention about this problem in written letter to CPC Edmonton, IRCC agent on phone several times , Requested to IRCC agents if its possible can I meet to local cic officer ( by appointment ), sent feedback regarding this on IRCC portal.
This is not a way , after keeping someone's application upto 4-5 months , then they are saying we feel you do not need study permit . Apply for this this .......They are just looking at single aspect that is study , means they think study is done so no longer need of study permit but what about other things because with study permit usually international students all other documents also expire such as SIN number . Let's consider my situation , my SIN expired on 31 december 2019 , currently working under same employer , but if they cancelled my SP extension and saying applying for restoration and PGWP , ( that will come after 4-5 months).It means until that time I cannot renew SIN number , because to renew SIN , you must have valid permit ( study or work permit ).So I this situation I have to(stuck, because when employer knows this person cannot go anywhere ,because nobody gonna hire this person with expired SIN they start exploiting) work for same employer because if I will go for new job , new employer they will ask for VALID SIN number .Seems like nowadays IRCC just focusing on how to make money. Canuck78 and other VIP members , really thankful to all of you if you can provide some thoughts here.

Last edited:

SaiKrish

Apr 22, 2020
Is it possible to apply for Work permit when I am in implied status waiting for study permit extension and the company is ready to give me work?
Hello, i have applied for my study permit extension on Nov 18th, 2019 and i have finished my masters on Jan27, 2020. It's been 5 months and I'm still waiting. Can i apply for pgwp on implied status as I'm about to finish 180 days period. Any suggestions is highly appreciated, thanks.

SaiKrish

Apr 22, 2020
Hello, i have applied for my study permit extension on Nov 18th, 2019 and i have finished my masters on Jan27, 2020. It's been 5 months and I'm still waiting. Can i apply for pgwp on implied status as I'm about to finish 180 days period. Any suggestion is highly appreciated, thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, i have applied for my study permit extension on Nov 18th, 2019 and i have finished my masters on Jan27, 2020. It's been 5 months and I'm still waiting. Can i apply for pgwp on implied status as I'm about to finish 180 days period. Any suggestion is highly appreciated, thanks.
Yes - you can apply for a PGWP.

Reactions: SaiKrish

SaiKrish

Apr 22, 2020
This is not a way , after keeping someone's application upto 4-5 months , then they are saying we feel you do not need study permit . Apply for this this .......They are just looking at single aspect that is study , means they think study is done so no longer need of study permit but what about other things because with study permit usually international students all other documents also expire such as SIN number . Let's consider my situation , my SIN expired on 31 december 2019 , currently working under same employer , but if they cancelled my SP extension and saying applying for restoration and PGWP , ( that will come after 4-5 months).It means until that time I cannot renew SIN number , because to renew SIN , you must have valid permit ( study or work permit ).So I this situation I have to(stuck, because when employer knows this person cannot go anywhere ,because nobody gonna hire this person with expired SIN they start exploiting) work for same employer because if I will go for new job , new employer they will ask for VALID SIN number .Seems like nowadays IRCC just focusing on how to make money. Canuck78 and other VIP members , really thankful to all of you if you can provide some thoughts here.
Hello, Have you received your study permit extension. i have applied for my study permit extension on Nov 18th, 2019 and i have finished my masters on Jan27, 2020. It's been 5 months and I'm still waiting. Can i apply for pgwp on implied status as I'm about to finish 180 days period. Any suggestions is highly appreciated, thanks.

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Hello, Have you received your study permit extension. i have applied for my study permit extension on Nov 18th, 2019 and i have finished my masters on Jan27, 2020. It's been 5 months and I'm still waiting. Can i apply for pgwp on implied status as I'm about to finish 180 days period. Any suggestions is highly appreciated, thanks.
Yes you can apply for PGWP on implied status but do not forget to pay restoration fee along with all other fee .But before applying pls check Canada.ca website because there is recent changes made related to PGWP application eligibility requirements.