+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMP!!! Does WES consider MBA in Distance from IMT GHAZIABAD

Skc_1982

Apr 12, 2018
My IMT Ghaziabad MBA degree (affiliated from Vidyasagar University) has not been recognized by IQAS despite sharing the UGC approval letter. Please can anyone advise as to how should I proceed further.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
My IMT Ghaziabad MBA degree (affiliated from Vidyasagar University) has not been recognized by IQAS despite sharing the UGC approval letter. Please can anyone advise as to how should I proceed further.
I am not sure of this degree. I am doing PGEM (1 yr prog) from IMT-CDL myself

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
This is unfortunate and i see people like who tried through WES/IQAS but did not get a positive response. It could be because IMT was not recognized that time and Vidyasagar university also complicated the things. I suggest you enroll in any other diploma course to increase your points but that will delay your immigration process.

I'm also thinking about my status as i started in 2009 and completed the course in 2012 from IMT-CDL. What we are seeing is that recent ones are getting approved by IQAS with no issues. I'm waiting for my ECA too..keeping my fingers crossed.

KD1990

Jul 14, 2018
Hello,

I was filling out checklist for IQAS ECA.
Can you please tell me that in post secondary section there is only one column for filling out degree details but i have Btech and PGDM two degree details for ECA details. How should I fill it in checklist?
Hi NavKaur,

Can you please tell me how did you collected your transcripts from IMT ? I am out of country so can't go physically. Do you know any contact details ?
As well, did you got an answer for your question above ?

Thanks,
Kuldeep Kaur

smratis

Aug 30, 2017
Hi All,
Did anyone receive any positive report regarding IMT distance learning PGDM from IQAS, and how much time did they take to respond? Thanks!

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi All,
Did anyone receive any positive report regarding IMT distance learning PGDM from IQAS, and how much time did they take to respond? Thanks!
It takes 3 months to get the result.

When did you start and completed your course as that will depend whether it will be approved or rejected.

Recent diploma after 2014 are getting approved and course done before 2007 are not approved by iqas. Till 2007 it was affiliated with vidyasagar university. I did from 2009- 2012 and m not sure about this period until I get the result.

smratis

Aug 30, 2017
I started in 2006 and completed in 2009 (couldn't give exams in 2008 due to my marriage). Also, if 3 months the maximum time? Did you get your assessment done in 3 months?

I had sent my documents to them on 26th May'18 and haven't got any confirmation from them yet. Not sure how much do they take to atleast acknowledge. Any idea on this as wel?

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
I started in 2006 and completed in 2009 (couldn't give exams in 2008 due to my marriage). Also, if 3 months the maximum time? Did you get your assessment done in 3 months?

I had sent my documents to them on 26th May'18 and haven't got any confirmation from them yet. Not sure how much do they take to atleast acknowledge. Any idea on this as wel?
3 months is not the maximum period, it is the average time taken by them. It could be more than 3 months also and that is normal.

It's getting 3 months almost for me so i'm expecting the result to come this month however it is not guaranteed.
My documents were delivered on April 27 and i got the email on June 6. So, it does take time.
Lastly was your certificate issued by IMT or Vidyasagar University. If it was VU then it will not be approved and incase of IMT you still have a chance.

smratis

Aug 30, 2017
Thank you for responding. Please do keep us posted when you get their report. In my degree it is mentioned: Institute of Management Technology, Vidyasagar university, Midnapore, West Bangal. They are affiliated with Vidyasagar so I am sure it will be mentioned.

What is mentioned in your degree?

My consultant had advised me to mention IMT degree, as IQAS has started accepted it now.

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Thank you for responding. Please do keep us posted when you get their report. In my degree it is mentioned: Institute of Management Technology, Vidyasagar university, Midnapore, West Bangal. They are affiliated with Vidyasagar so I am sure it will be mentioned.

What is mentioned in your degree?

My consultant had advised me to mention IMT degree, as IQAS has started accepted it now.

It is mentioned as "Post Graduate Programme in Management" from IMT-CDL approved by Distance Education Council, UGC.

I will surely post the result.

smratis

Aug 30, 2017
It is mentioned as "Post Graduate Programme in Management" from IMT-CDL approved by Distance Education Council, UGC.

I will surely post the result.
My degree says:

Masters in Business Administration
(Affiliated with Vidyasagar University, West Bengal)

Anyhow let's see how it goes....Thanks!

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
I will be completing my course this august- september. How much time does it take for you to get your degree after completion of course ?

Sukant88

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
I will be completing my course this august- september. How much time does it take for you to get your degree after completion of course ?
IMT print certificate twice a year, around June and Dec , so your completion date will determine. You could ask for Provisional certificate if it is taking too much time.and you need it quick.

Reactions: Tech_girl123

Skc_1982

Apr 12, 2018
Hello,

Mine is the same as yours. Not approved by IQAS. I am trying hard to get some documents/information from the university to see if it gets accepted. Having a hard time :(

My degree says:

Masters in Business Administration
(Affiliated with Vidyasagar University, West Bengal)

Anyhow let's see how it goes....Thanks!