Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi All,

Finally Received the ECA from IQAS .

All documents (Application and All Transcripts) reached IQAS: 06th Mar 2018
1st AoR: 16th Apr 2018
ECA: 9th May 2018

COMPARATIVE LEVELS OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA

The Post Graduate Diploma In Management (Executive) generally compares to the completion of a University Certificate with a focus in Management. .

@NavKaur02
@jasnoorchoudhary

Hope this will clear some of your doubts

Regards

Last edited:

Skc_1982

Apr 12, 2018
@ tmahajan - Thanks for this information. Pls could you share the name of the university from where this PG was completed and year.

Thanks again.

Hi All,

The Post Graduate Diploma In Management (Executive) generally compares to the completion of a University Certificate with a focus in Management. .

@NavKaur02
@jasnoorchoudhary

Regards
ma

Gauravbrills

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Markham, ON
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Hi All,

@NavKaur02
@jasnoorchoudhary

Regards
Hi ,I guess you got positive reply last. Mine is still in progress. But I recently got they message

Unfortunately IQAS is unable to proceed due to receiving your Post Graduate Diploma in Management transcript in an unsealed envelope. Please request the transcript from the Institute of Management Technology to be sent directly to IQAS in a sealed and stamped envelope for assessment.

Could you let me know how you requested imt transcripts as it seems I have to do it again. Also could you give me some contacts there as I am out of the country presently.

Thanks

kulmeet1986

May 10, 2018
Hi All,

@NavKaur02
@jasnoorchoudhary

Regards
Sorry, i am unable to understand, weather PGDM 2 YEARS from IMT CDL will be considered as Masters in Canada or not

aman924

May 11, 2018
Timeline for the much awaited ECA for my girl friend.

All documents (Application and All Transcripts) reached IQAS: 12th Jan 2018

1st AoR: 20th Jan 2018 (after follow up)
2nd AoR: 2nd Mar 2018

ECA Soft copy: 9th Apr 2018
Total time taken: 12 Weeks from receiving documents.

Courses she has completed:
Bachelor of Science from University of Kolkata (3 years)
Master of Science from University of Kolkata (2 years)
Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IMT CDL (2 years)

Credentials given:
Masters credential for University of Kolkata degree.
University Diploma credential for IMT CDL - PGDM.

What this means is that, although IQAS recognized IMT CDL, they do not give MASTERS credential for 2 Year PGDM course. (Not sure about 1 year course). They only gave University Diploma credential. If you do not have any other PG degree, you probably will have to go with 'More than one certificates with at least one degree being 3 years' option, when you create your profile.

Hi Mathansri,

I accidentally stumbled on to this thread and have become aware now that IQAS is recognizing 2 year PGDBM from IMT-CDL as "University Diploma". I wish I would have researched a bit more earlier as I too did the mistake of getting my ECA done through WES and am stuck at "Bachelors" equivalency at the moment.

But, I have got a new ray of hope now and I am positively thinking of going for another ECA but with IQAS this time. However, when I checked it's website it says the transcripts are needed to be sent by the institute. I already have sealed transcripts from IMT with me.

Just wanted to check, in your case did you send the sealed transcripts yourself or were you able to get them sent from IMT? I am not sure if IMT would be willing to do that so easily.

Would really appreciate your help in this regards.

Thanks!
Amandeep

aman924

May 11, 2018
Hi All,

@NavKaur02
@jasnoorchoudhary

Regards

Hi,

Did you send the transcripts yourself or were you able to get those sent from IMT?

I did my 2 year PGDBM from IMT-CDL and have also been disappointed by WES..

Thanks,
Amandeep

tmahajan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi,

Did you send the transcripts yourself or were you able to get those sent from IMT?

I did my 2 year PGDBM from IMT-CDL and have also been disappointed by WES..

Thanks,
Amandeep
Hi Amandeep ,

I sent the sealed transcripts myself along with the application in a single envelope .

Regards

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Hi Mathansri,

I accidentally stumbled on to this thread and have become aware now that IQAS is recognizing 2 year PGDBM from IMT-CDL as "University Diploma". I wish I would have researched a bit more earlier as I too did the mistake of getting my ECA done through WES and am stuck at "Bachelors" equivalency at the moment.

But, I have got a new ray of hope now and I am positively thinking of going for another ECA but with IQAS this time. However, when I checked it's website it says the transcripts are needed to be sent by the institute. I already have sealed transcripts from IMT with me.

Just wanted to check, in your case did you send the sealed transcripts yourself or were you able to get them sent from IMT? I am not sure if IMT would be willing to do that so easily.

Would really appreciate your help in this regards.

Thanks!
Amandeep
You can send the Transcripts by yourself. We did that as well. Best of luck to you

NavKaur02

Apr 5, 2018
Hi All,

@NavKaur02
@jasnoorchoudhary

Regards
so we will get more points now wow awesome.
Thanks for the information yar.
And what option ypu will choose in profile from drop down? two or more degree or diploma?

aman924

May 11, 2018
Hello all,

I am going for another ECA with IQAS. Just a query here though.

It says :
"For an ECA, only your highest completed/awarded educational credential needs to be assessed"

So that means I only need to send my PGDBM for ECA and not the Bachelors, right?

Kindly advise.

Thanks,
Amandeep

tmahajan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
so we will get more points now wow awesome.
Thanks for the information yar.
And what option ypu will choose in profile from drop down? two or more degree or diploma?
you just enter the canadian equivalence in the profile . this "wo or more degree or diploma" option is picked internally

Feb 22, 2018
Hi ,I guess you got positive reply last. Mine is still in progress. But I recently got they message

Unfortunately IQAS is unable to proceed due to receiving your Post Graduate Diploma in Management transcript in an unsealed envelope. Please request the transcript from the Institute of Management Technology to be sent directly to IQAS in a sealed and stamped envelope for assessment.

Could you let me know how you requested imt transcripts as it seems I have to do it again. Also could you give me some contacts there as I am out of the country presently.

Thanks
I have a consultant if you want his services pls call. Him at 9779967999