+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration without a dependent child PLEASE!!!!!!

IMD 81

Jul 23, 2009
Hi, I need your help about this situation:
I´m going to apply for Canada PR, I will be the mean applicant but I have a doubt, my husband is divorced but he has a child who lives with her mother, he is 10 years old, he is not going to immigrate with us... Do I have to include my husband´s child on the application form (Application for permanent residence in Canada. Second part: Details of Family Members) even when I am the mean applicant or just include him on the form: Additional Family Information????
Thanks for your help

iateapple

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Hi,

The child needs to be included on both forms. You can say he will not accomany you to Canada but he needs to be medically examined. If he is not examined because of custody of child (or for other reasons), your husband will not be able to sponsor him in future because he will not be considered as family member anymore

IMD 81

Jul 23, 2009
If we become a Canadian Citizen after 10 years ago, as an example, Could my husband be his sponsor??? or he has to do all the immigration process by his own???

iateapple

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
If he is not medically examined during your PR application, your husband will never be able to sponsor him as he will not be considered family class member anymore

IMD 81

Jul 23, 2009
So, my husband has to submit with the application a notarized statutory declaration stating his intention to proceed to Canada without his child?? Even when I am the mean applicant, o Do I have to do that??

iateapple

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Yes, your husband has to ssubmit that affidavit and with that submission, he will not be able to sponsor him in future

IMD 81

Jul 23, 2009
But If he wants to apply in the future, at least we can give him points??? or If we have a Child there he can give him points??? What a problem!!!! Thanks for your answer!!!!