+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMMIGRATION IN SELF EMPLOYED CATEGORY - HELP NEEDED !!

BanglaBoy

Sep 27, 2012
Michigan, USA
Hello from Bangladesh.

My mother is a Celebrity Singer in Bangladesh with an illustrative career of 25 years (that makes up for 35 points). She is a two time national award winning singer (Rabindra, Nazrul, Country song and modern) with lots of awards, media coverage, features, mixed albums, solo albums etc. She (as the principal applicant) wants to immigrate to Canada under the recently resumed Self Employed scheme (as a musician/singer/vocalist). She is 44 years old (that makes up for another 10 points)and has a Masters degree in Music (another 25 points). My father is a govt official (deputy secretary). I have an younger brother. I'm to get married this coming month. So my (future) spouse will be added in the family members' list. Me, my (future) spouse and my brother are all under 22. So, 3 dependents in the family and all are students. Now the question is, is she qualified? (I think yes, since the minimum required is 35 and she scores a 70 only by her experience, age and education).

I HEARD SELF EMPLOYED CATEGORY IS ONE OF THE HARDEST TO GET IMMIGRATION THROUGH, IS THAT TRUE?? IN MY MOTHER'S CASE, HOW ARE HER CHANCES?? !!

Another thing I wanna know - WHERE CAN I FIND CHEAP, REASONABLE, EXPERIENCED & PROFESSIONAL HELP IN BANGLADESH FOR IMMIGRATION TO CANADA IN SELF-EMPLOYED CATEGORY?

I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO IMMIGRATE WITHOUT ANY PROFESSIONAL IMMIGRATION REPRESENTATIVE BUT I WON'T BE IN BANGLADESH AFTER DECEMBER 2013 BECAUSE I'M GOING TO THE USA AS A STUDENT (F1 VISA). CAN ANYONE HELP ??

vizsagar

May 28, 2013
Dubai
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Banglaboy,

Suggest that you speak to immigration lawyer and get their opinion and assistance to ensure
that you get the paperwork done properly plus they can guide you and let you know whether
you guys qualify or not!!

Self Employed is not only harder but time consuming as well and you can check other forums
that it can take anything from 3 to 5 years to get through. Therefore speaking to immigration
lawyer is best bet.

Hope this will help but in any case all the best!!!

Viz

oldmanmurray

Aug 16, 2013
If it's any consolation, we applied in January 2013, and October 1st we got the notification to do the medical and make the final payment... which is usually the last step.

We consulted a lawyer, and he said it was 3-5yrs minimum.... but it looks like they've really been making some serious headway, especially as they are moving toward entrepreneur and start-up visas in the future. I think the self employed category is going to see some serious changes.

Seeing as she has some celebrity status, that could definitely work in her favour as well. If you read everything carefully, you will see that they very much value arts/culture with regards to the self-employed visa.
Good luck!!

for reference: we filled out all the paperwork on our own, but it is a LOT of paperwork, a lot of reading, and a lot of careful instructions to follow...

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
oldmanmurray said:
If it's any consolation, we applied in January 2013, and October 1st we got the notification to do the medical and make the final payment... which is usually the last step.

We consulted a lawyer, and he said it was 3-5yrs minimum.... but it looks like they've really been making some serious headway, especially as they are moving toward entrepreneur and start-up visas in the future. I think the self employed category is going to see some serious changes.

Seeing as she has some celebrity status, that could definitely work in her favour as well. If you read everything carefully, you will see that they very much value arts/culture with regards to the self-employed visa.
Good luck!!

for reference: we filled out all the paperwork on our own, but it is a LOT of paperwork, a lot of reading, and a lot of careful instructions to follow...
Hi Oldmanmurray

Which visa office did you apply through? Do you think it is because of your celebrity status to speed up the processing time OR will other self-employed applications will also be processed faster than before?

We submitted the self-employed application under farm management in Dec. 2012, but until now, our status is still "APPLICATION RECEIVED".

I really hope CIC will reduce the processing time for self-employed applicants! 6-7 years are too too long which is absurd!

Looking forward to your reply! many thanks