+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrated/Immigrating from Australia to Canada . Plz Share

lavanworld

Apr 2, 2012
[/b]Is anyone immigrating / immigrated from Australia To Canada? plz share info about your experience, travel info, ticket booking, money conversion from aus dollars to canadian for proof of fund, bank account opening, shipping and logistics and anything you feel important for those immigrating from australia to canada. cheers :)

kalimorian

Jan 17, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 March 2011
Doc's Request.
In-Process 18 june, 2012
AOR Received.
24 june,2011
File Transfer...
24 june,2011
Med's Request
18 aug,2012
Med's Done....
28 aug,2012, line on e-case 10,sep,12
Passport Req..
PPR1 3rd Jan,13 PPR2 7FEB,13
VISA ISSUED...
14th Feb,13
LANDED..........
soon
lavanworld said:
[/b]Is anyone immigrating / immigrated from Australia To Canada? plz share info about your experience, travel info, ticket booking, money conversion from aus dollars to canadian for proof of fund, bank account opening, shipping and logistics and anything you feel important for those immigrating from australia to canada. cheers :)
why people would like to immigration from one GOOD Australia to CANADA... can you light on this..

AshB

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2012
IELTS Request
Not done
File Transfer...
Dec 2010.. In Process since March 29 2012
Med's Request
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Request 20th Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
4th Oct 2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
lavanworld said:
G'day mate
We are leaving oz in few days time. We will be touring Europe for a month and will finally land in Toronto mid Feb. Our visa timelines are on the left. Regarding money I am taking 20 k in travellers cheques and remaining cash in Canadian dollars. Got good deal from commonwealth bank.
Where in oz r u from. If you r in Melbourne I can tell few places to good tickets at good price and logistics etc. Also when r u going and where? Cheers
Ash

lavanworld

Apr 2, 2012
kalimorian said:
why people would like to immigration from one GOOD Australia to CANADA... can you light on this..

Hello there,
By the way thanks for ur input ,according to ur perspective shall we suggest to close all other external immigration embassies in Aus, what u reckon??? all the ppl are not same and their situations differ...not everyone experience a beautiful life here, so plz dnt generalize, u never know others point of view.. Every country is good and ppl have their own desire n reasons to immigrate to another.. ta

lavanworld

Apr 2, 2012
AshB said:
G'day mate
We are leaving oz in few days time. We will be touring Europe for a month and will finally land in Toronto mid Feb. Our visa timelines are on the left. Regarding money I am taking 20 k in travellers cheques and remaining cash in Canadian dollars. Got good deal from commonwealth bank.
Where in oz r u from. If you r in Melbourne I can tell few places to good tickets at good price and logistics etc. Also when r u going and where? Cheers
Ash
Hi Ash,

Nice to meet you and great to connect with someone from Aus moving to canada. I reside in Melbourne. My big move will be in April this year. any info on logistics and other useful tips will be of great help. Landing in toronto. yet to arrange everything. any idea about temp accommodation? plz keep in touch. I appreciate your help. cheers.

AshB

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2012
IELTS Request
Not done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Oct 2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
lavanworld said:
Hi Ash,

Nice to meet you and great to connect with someone from Aus moving to canada. I reside in Melbourne. My big move will be in April this year. any info on logistics and other useful tips will be of great help. Landing in toronto. yet to arrange everything. any idea about temp accommodation? plz keep in touch. I appreciate your help. cheers.
Hi mate,
I have sent 97 kg excess today through a company called PFS. They are based in Tullamarine. Have a look at www.pfs.net.au. I paid 800 bucks including 6 weeks storage here(since we are going to UK for a month before Toronto). Regarding temp accomodation we have booked at safehomestay for 2 weeks. I have couple of friends there who can help me sort rental during thos 2 weeks.
What nationality are you? Where in Melbourne ? Cheers

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kalimorian said:
Because we can ;D. Nah, honestly, Aussie and NZ are nice places but sometimes just too far away from anything. I have family in Europe and the US. So works perfectly fine for me..

The motivation is different for any of us, I have no children, so I do not have to provide them with a better life or anything...My circumstances are probably very different, if not selfish, to most of the people on this forum. I just like the lifestyle there and the wide open spaces combined with the friendly people and the ability to mind my own business without being judged or questioned.

lavanworld

Apr 2, 2012
AshB said:
Hi mate,
I have sent 97 kg excess today through a company called PFS. They are based in Tullamarine. Have a look at www.pfs.net.au. I paid 800 bucks including 6 weeks storage here(since we are going to UK for a month before Toronto). Regarding temp accomodation we have booked at safehomestay for 2 weeks. I have couple of friends there who can help me sort rental during thos 2 weeks.
What nationality are you? Where in Melbourne ? Cheers
Hi Ash,
thanks for the info about logistics...Logistics seems to be very costly here..Is that including dropping your goods in Toronto or do u need to pick up from airport and tax n stuffs included.. when i enquired in couple of places in dandenong they said approx 400 dollars for 150 kgs excl airport tax n stuffs ... Iam a Indian and living in melbourne for more than 5 years now., stonnington. how about u? for safehomestay have u booked online ? could u plz share how much does that cost you? I thought about opening bank account here itself to avoid carrying huge cash n stuffs but i dnt think novascotia bank account opening is possible here..Regarding proof of fund, how much the commonwealth bank charged u? .. have a wonderful trip , share your thoughts abt the big country. cheers ;D

AshB

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2012
IELTS Request
Not done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Oct 2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
lavanworld said:
Hi Ash,
thanks for the info about logistics...Logistics seems to be very costly here..Is that including dropping your goods in Toronto or do u need to pick up from airport and tax n stuffs included.. when i enquired in couple of places in dandenong they said approx 400 dollars for 150 kgs excl airport tax n stuffs ... Iam a Indian and living in melbourne for more than 5 years now., stonnington. how about u? for safehomestay have u booked online ? could u plz share how much does that cost you? I thought about opening bank account here itself to avoid carrying huge cash n stuffs but i dnt think novascotia bank account opening is possible here..Regarding proof of fund, how much the commonwealth bank charged u? .. have a wonderful trip , share your thoughts abt the big country. cheers ;D
Hi bud
Hope you are well. We are just counting our days in the sweltering heat of oz now. Can't wait to go,its too freakin hot. Regarding logistics I got quotes from 5-6 companies they were all more than 750-800. We needed storage for 6 weeks and only pfs had that facility so we went with them.
I booked safehomestay online it's costing us around 700 for 2 weeks. It's a private room with private bathroom and Internet and airport pickup. If you are moving alone you can opt for single room with shared bathroom which cost less.
I tried opening accounts from here but no Canadian banks offer that facility here except HSBC but they need 25000 min bal always otherwise there is a monthly fees of 20 bucks I think they said. CBA charged me only 45 bucks fees to get 11k converted. There is no fees for travellers cheques. Have a look on Australia post website. They do it through American Express.
I live in Fairfield ( north east). Been here for 10 years. And Indian too. Are you moving with family or by yourself ?

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
All the best guys...remember don't leave your Aussie jobs until you get some job there....

lavanworld

Apr 2, 2012
AshB said:
Hi bud
Hope you are well. We are just counting our days in the sweltering heat of oz now. Can't wait to go,its too freakin hot. Regarding logistics I got quotes from 5-6 companies they were all more than 750-800. We needed storage for 6 weeks and only pfs had that facility so we went with them.
I booked safehomestay online it's costing us around 700 for 2 weeks. It's a private room with private bathroom and Internet and airport pickup. If you are moving alone you can opt for single room with shared bathroom which cost less.
I tried opening accounts from here but no Canadian banks offer that facility here except HSBC but they need 25000 min bal always otherwise there is a monthly fees of 20 bucks I think they said. CBA charged me only 45 bucks fees to get 11k converted. There is no fees for travellers cheques. Have a look on Australia post website. They do it through American Express.
I live in Fairfield ( north east). Been here for 10 years. And Indian too. Are you moving with family or by yourself ?
Hi Ash,
thank u for sharing the info. its really helpful..yes its really hot out here...iam scared of the sun here, iam already a victim of the sun burns, Most of them here use to say O what a lovely sunny day, i use to show them my sun tans look at ur lovely sun with full of UV... :'(.. iam moving with my family have a little boy, ... if iam alone i wont be so scared, with my family along iam quiet concerned abt accommodation n stuffs..as such no friends / relatives in toronto, sharing info is the only source of getting to know what to do until we land.. buddy u said 45 dollars is that the demand draft charge for 11k or u r carrying money 11k in canadian dollars? and would like to ask u, got any idea abt sunny newcomers accommodation ? And regarding safehome do we need to book very early, is it in high demand? cos we are going there in the first week of may? take care n keep in touch..cheers

AshB

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Melbourne
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2012
IELTS Request
Not done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Oct 2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
lavanworld said:
Hi Ash,
thank u for sharing the info. its really helpful..yes its really hot out here...iam scared of the sun here, iam already a victim of the sun burns, Most of them here use to say O what a lovely sunny day, i use to show them my sun tans look at ur lovely sun with full of UV... :'(.. iam moving with my family have a little boy, ... if iam alone i wont be so scared, with my family along iam quiet concerned abt accommodation n stuffs..as such no friends / relatives in toronto, sharing info is the only source of getting to know what to do until we land.. buddy u said 45 dollars is that the demand draft charge for 11k or u r carrying money 11k in canadian dollars? and would like to ask u, got any idea abt sunny newcomers accommodation ? And regarding safehome do we need to book very early, is it in high demand? cos we are going there in the first week of may? take care n keep in touch..cheers
Hi buddy
45 is for currency conversion from AUD to CAD. I am carrying 11 k cash and remaining in travellers cheques. I am in similar situation as you except baby is on the way. I am more worried about wife and how the things will be there now etc. The friends I have there are not close friends and I don't think they will help much. Also from past experience in migrating to oz you know how much people help. So can't rely on anyone.
I don't know anything about sunny newcomers. I booked in safehomestay about 2 months ago to be on safe side as lot of people talk it on the forum and I thought they may be pretty busy on times. I will be hopefully settle down with house and all by the time you will come, I will try my best to help you wherever I can.
What do you do anyways? I work as windows system admin in the city. If you work in the city let me know we can catch up. I am leaving oz on Friday. Cheers

lavanworld

Apr 2, 2012
AshB said:
Hi buddy
45 is for currency conversion from AUD to CAD. I am carrying 11 k cash and remaining in travellers cheques. I am in similar situation as you except baby is on the way. I am more worried about wife and how the things will be there now etc. The friends I have there are not close friends and I don't think they will help much. Also from past experience in migrating to oz you know how much people help. So can't rely on anyone.
I don't know anything about sunny newcomers. I booked in safehomestay about 2 months ago to be on safe side as lot of people talk it on the forum and I thought they may be pretty busy on times. I will be hopefully settle down with house and all by the time you will come, I will try my best to help you wherever I can.
What do you do anyways? I work as windows system admin in the city. If you work in the city let me know we can catch up. I am leaving oz on Friday. Cheers
Hi Ash,
I hope you r doing well.. yes i understand what u r saying, most of us here in this forum r sailing in the same boat.. dnt worry everything should be fine.. u managed in melbourne, probably u will manage in any part of the country (my opinion). i never know any1 even when i came here in Aus.everything is trial n error only... Your experience here will always be a advantage to u, atleast we wont experience a cultural shock or price shock. by the way iam a physio, working in different locations not in city, but would like to speak to you, will PM you my number or just PM your number i will call you. :D. I came across a website called Airbnb just google Airbnb, its like a temp accommodation, just check out, in case if u need it when u r inside the country, let me ask other forum members if some1 used this for booking accomodation.. take care n All the very best.. cheers