+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrant Visa Expiration Date

LTheanine

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Hello,

I would just like to confirm that the expiration date of the visa is the one indicated in the upper right portion.

Sorry for being paranoid because I saw some threads here indicating that the expiration of the visa coincides with the date of when the medical procedure was conducted. My eMedical sheet shows the following:
Date of Issue: 02 August 2018
Date of Expiry: 01 August 2021

The date of expiration of my visa (expiration date - in the upper right portion) indicates 04/09/2019 - which is September 4, 2019.

Any comment on this?
I really cannot sleep because of overthinking

Thank you all

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hello,

I would just like to confirm that the expiration date of the visa is the one indicated in the upper right portion.

Sorry for being paranoid because I saw some threads here indicating that the expiration of the visa coincides with the date of when the medical procedure was conducted. My eMedical sheet shows the following:

The date of expiration of my visa (expiration date - in the upper right portion) indicates 04/09/2019 - which is September 4, 2019.

Any comment on this?

Thank you all
What is the expiry date of your passport?
The e-medical should only show the visit date and is only valid for a duration of 12 months.
The 'Date of Issue' and 'Date of Expiry' are under the Client identity details and relate to the Passport.

Reactions: Melchett

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
Hello,

Any comment on this?

Thank you all
As skape7 said before me - the date of issue and expiry on your eMedical refer to your passport.

Also, why would you be so worried about this?

Reactions: LTheanine

LTheanine

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
What is the expiry date of your passport?
The e-medical should only show the visit date and is only valid for a duration of 12 months.
The 'Date of Issue' and 'Date of Expiry' are under the Client identity details and relate to the Passport.
Hi

Thanks for response - passport expires on august 2021.

In the copr, i just saw under the Medical details that it is valid to 2019/09/04 also.

Under the Application Details of COPR:
Issued date: April 2019
Valid to: September 2019

Under Personal Details:
Expiry Date : August 2021

I cannot fly until end of August that's why I am worried if I am breaching anything

So am I worrying unnecessarily

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi

Thanks for response - passport expires on august 2021.

In the copr, i just saw under the Medical details that it is valid to 2019/09/04 also.

Under the Application Details of COPR:
Issued date: April 2019
Valid to: September 2019

Under Personal Details:
Expiry Date : August 2021

I cannot fly until end of August that's why I am worried if I am breaching anything

So am I worrying unnecessarily
As far as I know, the COPR validity for landing is based on either the validity of the Passport or the date the medicals were taken. In most cases, the 'valid to' date under Application details matches the 'valid to' date under Medical details.
I can't think of any reason why they would give you a shorter duration.
Again, just so I know, what was the date you took your medical tests?

LTheanine

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
As far as I know, the COPR validity for landing is based on either the validity of the Passport or the date the medicals were taken. In most cases, the 'valid to' date under Application details matches the 'valid to' date under Medical details.
I can't think of any reason why they would give you a shorter duration.
Again, just so I know, what was the date you took your medical tests?
It is mid august last year, just cannot remember the exact date. Thanks!