+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5710E - What option to select for question 2 in case of open work permit extension in Canada

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello guys
I am having this same problem with being unsure of which option to select for question 2 of the IM55710E form and also which payment to select.

I am a high school teacher but when I arrived on my IEC visa, I wasn't aware I had to have a medical check. I have since had this and now need to supply this form. I don't need a new visa, but simply the "not authorised to teach" altered to "authorised to teach" amended. Any thoughts?

Additionally, does anyone have any idea which payment I need to choose? I have been going round and round in circles with this for months as the CIC website isn't clear.

Finally, while I am totally updated with software, my barcodes wont generate (all mandatory fields were completed).

My visa says "open" but one condition says "not authorised to work as a high school teacher".

Hoping you may have some answers.

:) Clare
Hi

If you are near the Canada-US border, flagpoling is your easiest option. It generally takes a few weeks for the medical to update in the system, then you can flagpole and be issued a new work permit right away at the border instead of having to submit IMM5710 and waiting for months.

rz17

Jul 13, 2019
Good day,

I have a question. My visa and open work permit will expire on Sept 2019. Currently, I am applying for extension on it since my common-law partner's student permit will expire on Mar 2020. She's still studying as of now.

I filled up IMM5710e "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain as a worker"

3 - I am applying for one or more of the following:

*Apply for a work permit on the same employer
*Restore my status as a worker
*Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
*Get a new temporary resident permit ( for inadmissible applicant only)

Which one will i tick ? I believe this is a new form and i can't find the choices you've mentioned.

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good day,

I have a question. My visa and open work permit will expire on Sept 2019. Currently, I am applying for extension on it since my common-law partner's student permit will expire on Mar 2020. She's still studying as of now.

I filled up IMM5710e "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain as a worker"

3 - I am applying for one or more of the following:

*Apply for a work permit on the same employer
*Restore my status as a worker
*Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
*Get a new temporary resident permit ( for inadmissible applicant only)

Which one will i tick ? I believe this is a new form and i can't find the choices you've mentioned.

Thank you
First time or new employer.

zhyl810

Apr 26, 2020
Same answer.
Hi Canuck, My wife's work permit as Postdoc will expire soon and my study permit valid until the end of 2021. She has the exemption LMIA work permit and now she wants to apply OWP. So for form 5710E, we should choose "first time or new employer", right? Thanks a bunch.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Canuck, My wife's work permit as Postdoc will expire soon and my study permit valid until the end of 2021. She has the exemption LMIA work permit and now she wants to apply OWP. So for form 5710E, we should choose "first time or new employer", right? Thanks a bunch.
Yes.

dilchawla

May 12, 2020
I landed a month back from US on work permit in Canada and my husband holds open work permit. I would like to know the following:
1. My company wants me back in US - Can my husband stay back in Canada with open work permit? While I work in US.
2. Can I visit Canada from US - even though I will be working from US going forward.
3. Since I am the primary applicant and my husband got open work permit - does his visa get revoked/cancel how does it work?

Thanks.
D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I landed a month back from US on work permit in Canada and my husband holds open work permit. I would like to know the following:
1. My company wants me back in US - Can my husband stay back in Canada with open work permit? While I work in US.
2. Can I visit Canada from US - even though I will be working from US going forward.
3. Since I am the primary applicant and my husband got open work permit - does his visa get revoked/cancel how does it work?

Thanks.
D
1. Yes.

2. Not right now with the current travel restrictions.

3. Nothing happens.

Reactions: dilchawla

dilchawla

May 12, 2020
Thanks for the clarification.
By they way where can I see when the border are going to open if some one wants to come here in Canada on work visa from US?

May 14, 2020
Hi everyone,
My question is regarding PGWP and specifically the form imm5710e. In the 3rd question it asks the condition that applies to me. In my case, I had a Co-Op work permit when I went for my internship and now I am applying for the PGWP. Also, I got an offer from my co-op employer, so I will be working after my graduation for the same employer as my co-op. So my question is:
For question 3: Should I fill in:
Option 1: Apply for a work permit with the same employer? or
Option 2: Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer?
@canuck_in_uk ?

Thank you