+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5710E - What option to select for question 2 in case of open work permit extension in Canada

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016
Hello,

I am filling IMM5710E application (APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS, EXTEND MY STAY OR REMAIN IN CANADA AS A WORKER) for my open work permit extension? I see four options in question 3 (I am applying for one or more of the following). Options are listed below

1. A work permit with same employer
2. An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
3. Restoration of your status as a worker
4. Temporary resident permit

Can someone please explain which option is applicable for me?

FYI - I am currently working full time for a Canadian employer and my spouse holds a valid post graduation work permit.

Thanks,
Sujith

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am filling IMM5710E application (APPLICATION TO CHANGE CONDITIONS, EXTEND MY STAY OR REMAIN IN CANADA AS A WORKER) for my open work permit extension? I see four options in question 3 (I am applying for one or more of the following). Options are listed below

1. A work permit with same employer
2. An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
3. Restoration of your status as a worker
4. Temporary resident permit

Can someone please explain which option is applicable for me?

FYI - I am currently working full time for a Canadian employer and my spouse holds a valid post graduation work permit.
On what basis do you qualify to extend your OWP? Does your spouse have a skilled job and 3 payslips to prove it?

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016
Select option 2 - "initial work permit...".
Thank you so much for the assistance. I couldn't see the payslip info in CIC. Thanks for letting me know. Bless you.

If you can answer this question, please do. Is there anything else needed apart from checklist doc, IMM5710E, common in law form, spouse full time offer letter and payslips for the extension?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much for the assistance. I couldn't see the payslip info in CIC. Thanks for letting me know. Bless you.

If you can answer this question, please do. Is there anything else needed apart from checklist doc, IMM5710E, common in law form, spouse full time offer letter and payslips for the extension?
The common-law declaration isn't needed for married couples.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was thinking the same as CIC already has this info. But here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp it says common in law form is needed.
From the guide:

Note: If you are in a common-law union, you must also complete the Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409) form and include it with your application. If you are married, you must provide a photocopy of your Marriage license or certificate with your application.

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016
From the guide:

Note: If you are in a common-law union, you must also complete the Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409) form and include it with your application. If you are married, you must provide a photocopy of your Marriage license or certificate with your application.
Thanks for the input. So IMM5409 isn't needed in my case. It's just a photocopy of my marriage certificate. Thank you.

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016
From the guide:

I am filling the form IMM5710E and there is a question which says "Details of my prospective employer (attach original offer of employment)". I am currently working full time for a Canadian employer so do I need to furnish that detail here as its an open work permit extension?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am filling the form IMM5710E and there is a question which says "Details of my prospective employer (attach original offer of employment)". I am currently working full time for a Canadian employer so do I need to furnish that detail here as its an open work permit extension?
No, you don't need to include your employer details.

Reactions: sujithcs18

sujithcs18

Dec 24, 2016
No, you don't need to include your employer details.
Thanks a bunch. Looks like you never sleep canuck_in_uk :) cos your replies are almost instantaneous. If there is an option to make a contribution to you, I will do it after few months but it will be a smaller amount :)..let me know if there is such an option. Guys like you offer so much assistance so I just want to acknowledge it. Thank you again.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a bunch. Looks like you never sleep canuck_in_uk :) cos your replies are almost instantaneous. If there is an option to make a contribution to you, I will do it after few months but it will be a smaller amount :)..let me know if there is such an option. Guys like you offer so much assistance so I just want to acknowledge it. Thank you again.
Happy to help, no contributions needed :).

clarejones

Oct 30, 2017
Hello guys
I am having this same problem with being unsure of which option to select for question 2 of the IM55710E form and also which payment to select.

I am a high school teacher but when I arrived on my IEC visa, I wasn't aware I had to have a medical check. I have since had this and now need to supply this form. I don't need a new visa, but simply the "not authorised to teach" altered to "authorised to teach" amended. Any thoughts?

Additionally, does anyone have any idea which payment I need to choose? I have been going round and round in circles with this for months as the CIC website isn't clear.

Finally, while I am totally updated with software, my barcodes wont generate (all mandatory fields were completed).

My visa says "open" but one condition says "not authorised to work as a high school teacher".

Hoping you may have some answers.

:) Clare