+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5533E : Proof that you will reside in canada after PR is approved.

JenniferinFL

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I am not confident with what I put for this either, so following in the event someone responds. With how long processing may take, there seems to be no point to seek employment or find a residence when it may be 12 months before the processing is done.

What I put for mine is that we are eager to move over as soon as possible, included details of job searches and rental searches we've done and included my inlaws address where we would live in the event we were approved sooner than anticipated.

Really not sure what else to put for this either- nobody is going to hold a job or rental for a year waiting for you to be able to move over.

NervousGnome

Oct 20, 2019
If you are going to stay with relatives, include a letter from them saying you can stay with them. If you are planning on renting/buying your own place; include searches of rental properties/houses in the area you intend to live in that are in your price range. Write a letter explaining why you included these as examples.
I am going back to school to do a master's program so I included correspondence from the university. We also included quotes from moving companies about moving our stuff over. We also have a pet and included quotes from companies and a letter of explanation on how to get him over to Canada.

If you have a job offer, include that. If not, we included examples of jobs available in our area(s) of expertise. Showing that we had researched/planned our lives ahead of time. In our letter, we also wrote about our plans in 3 stages. What we will do initially when we move over (live with a relative, apply for the jobs used as examples and visit organizations that help new immigrants (some places help get health cards or help integrate into the community- you can include information about these groups and what they do in your application as further proof ). Next stage was where we planned to be in a month after that (hopefully in jobs and looking to rent/buy) and then in the future (we said that we wanted to have kids in Canada since I am closer to my family ext).

Hope this helps!

arpitaggarwal89

Feb 20, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-12-2020
"With how long processing may take, there seems to be no point to seek employment or find a residence when it may be 12 months before the processing is done." same thought.

"included details of job searches and rental searches " what did you show to demonstrate this ? @JenniferinFL

arpitaggarwal89

Feb 20, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-12-2020
"we included examples of jobs available in our area(s) of expertise " this sounds like a good idea to try.

"I am going back to school to do a master's program so I included correspondence from the university. " i think this must be the true deal breaker for you, since it ensures you are indeed going to go there.

"visit organizations that help new immigrants (some places help get health cards or help integrate into the community- you can include information about these groups and what they do in your application as further proof " - can you share some more examples ? @NervousGnome

arpitaggarwal89

Feb 20, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-12-2020
I am writing this letter to explain the planning and research that we have been doing to get ourselves ready for move to Canada and what we will do next few months.

• Planning/research that we have been doing until now
    • We have started identifying the potential neighborhoods in Canada.
    • We reached out to real estate agents for quotations but most of them have asked us to reach out 1-2 months close to actual move date.
    • We have been in touch with various staffing companies to research about Canadian job market.
    • Contacting moving companies to get a quote to shift furniture.
  • What is our plan while the PR application is in process for next 6-8 months approx.
    • Scouting trip by sponsor neighborhoods
    • lists of industries/companies you'll be applying to for a job
    • communication with immigrant service organizations
    • Prepare list of to-do that we would need in first 30 days to settle easily on arrival to Canada
    • Research about health insurance options

once the sponsorship application is approved we will move to Canada.
  • Plan after approval of PR
    • Make the move to Canada
    • Work out with existing employer at that time to get transferred to Canada office.
  • After landing in Canada
    • Continue job search
    • Meanwhile learn French language to get adapted into local activities.
    • Apply for insurance until we get jobs
  • Long term prospects that we intend to achieve in Canada include following :
    • I intend to pursue my higher education in Data Science domain and eventually do PhD
    • After working for 2-3 years in Canada, sponsored applicant intends to pursue MBA program from a top tier university in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many end up being asked for further information later on in the process so would make sure you continue gathering proof.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I am writing this letter to explain the planning and research that we have been doing to get ourselves ready for move to Canada and what we will do next few months.

• Planning/research that we have been doing until now
    • We have started identifying the potential neighborhoods in Canada.
    • We reached out to real estate agents for quotations but most of them have asked us to reach out 1-2 months close to actual move date.
    • We have been in touch with various staffing companies to research about Canadian job market.
    • Contacting moving companies to get a quote to shift furniture.
  • What is our plan while the PR application is in process for next 6-8 months approx.
    • Scouting trip by sponsor neighborhoods
    • lists of industries/companies you'll be applying to for a job
    • communication with immigrant service organizations
    • Prepare list of to-do that we would need in first 30 days to settle easily on arrival to Canada
    • Research about health insurance options

once the sponsorship application is approved we will move to Canada.
  • Plan after approval of PR
    • Make the move to Canada
    • Work out with existing employer at that time to get transferred to Canada office.
  • After landing in Canada
    • Continue job search
    • Meanwhile learn French language to get adapted into local activities.
    • Apply for insurance until we get jobs
  • Long term prospects that we intend to achieve in Canada include following :
    • I intend to pursue my higher education in Data Science domain and eventually do PhD
    • After working for 2-3 years in Canada, sponsored applicant intends to pursue MBA program from a top tier university in Canada.
You will have to prove that you have the resources to support yourselves (bank savings, investments you can use, property you will be selling etc) in Canada while you get established with new jobs etc. When you say "Apply for insurance until you get jobs", are you referring to Employment Insurance? You will not be eligible to receive it. And I would strongly suggest you don't mention that in any docs you submit.

arpitaggarwal89

Feb 20, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-12-2020
You will have to prove that you have the resources to support yourselves (bank savings, investments you can use, property you will be selling etc) in Canada while you get established with new jobs etc. When you say "Apply for insurance until you get jobs", are you referring to Employment Insurance? You will not be eligible to receive it. And I would strongly suggest you don't mention that in any docs you submit.
Thanks for feedback