bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
I will apply for renewal of my PR in August and try to close the gaps in my IMM5444 form.
My question is regarding Section C/Personal History clause 21/ Travel History
Where we must indicate ‘ Reason for absence’ . Since I didn’t find job right after landing, I was outside Canada in my original country for the first 2.5 years. I will write down‘ working and staying with my parents’ as reason for absence.
Before sending my application, I wanted to check with others whom have experience renewing their PR cards to see if there is “good reasons” vs. ” not good reasons” when we indicate reason for absence?
I am living and working in a reputed international company in Toronto since 2013.

Thanks

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
I appreciate input of people who already filled and filed their PR renewal application. With all the talk about secondary review in this form, I am trying to close any gap in my application to avoid secondary review.

Thanks,

Koganei

Jul 12, 2015
is there a way to find all the dates when you leave the country

I know i meet PR OB but I can't remember all the dates?

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
I remeber dates of my travles in and out of Canada and kept my boarding passess.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bahaar said:
I will apply for renewal of my PR in August and try to close the gaps in my IMM5444 form.
My question is regarding Section C/Personal History clause 21/ Travel History
Where we must indicate ‘ Reason for absence' . Since I didn't find job right after landing, I was outside Canada in my original country for the first 2.5 years. I will write down‘ working and staying with my parents' as reason for absence.
Before sending my application, I wanted to check with others whom have experience renewing their PR cards to see if there is “good reasons” vs. ” not good reasons” when we indicate reason for absence?
I am living and working in a reputed international company in Toronto since 2013.

Thanks
The only "good reasons" are the truth.

If you were working/staying in your home country, that's what you write.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Koganei said:
is there a way to find all the dates when you leave the country

I know i meet PR OB but I can't remember all the dates?
You can try applying to CBSA for your records, but they may not be complete.

Try making a list of your travels, with at least the month/year. Surely you can start to narrow down the dates by cross-referencing with your job/studies/credit card transactions etc?

Did you book your tickets online? Look at your old emails.

Did you travel to the U.S.? You can apply to get your records.

Did you travel on business? Make any expenses claims? Your employer should be able to help you.