+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5406 - with respect to full addresses

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
I think if their address is not Canada or US address, it will be okay. As for me, I forgot to put zip code for my adress (outside of US or Canada) and my country as it doesn't have enough space. But I think it's safe to wait than to bring this into their attention, and just correct if they ask to resubmit, we must be overthinking it. Or it really depends on the officer handling it, let's just hope it will be okay. That is just my opinion. But if there are other changes in your cicumstances like change or employer/job etc. we should make them aware of it once we have temporary file number or AOR.
I think you're right bcakes, thanks!

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Just a general question. If someone is missing a postal code on this form for a Canadian address, why can't they (IRCC) look at any of the other forms (such as eimm5669) to see what the postal code is?

It's easy to find out what this information is through a minimal amount of digging since this information is entered multiple times on both PA and sponsor forms.

Last edited:

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Where does it say that zip codes are mandatory for canadian and usa addresses?
I've seen previous posts on here, stating in the letter or email, that it is required for US and Canada addresses. But then some are given chances to resubmit it, depends on the officer reviewing the application, I guess.

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Have you heard of any cases where in outland sponsorship where an application has been returned for this problem?
So far, no. From what I observed, they normally ask outland to resubmit. But again, depends on the officer handling the application. Seems like frequent returned application due to zip codes happens to Inland applicants.

cn1

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
I think if you only put Zip (Postal) Code of Sponsor and Pricipal Applcant to the form of Inland Spousal Spoousal Application. Should be fine. Becasue they already reside in Canada. For another family member who not include this application. They do not return the package even you do not put the Code on unless they live in Canada or US.

kharthik24

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Toronto
For people living abroad (not US/Canada) how do you know that they won't return it if you don't put the zip code? Are people allowed to put also N/A if they don't know the address or the full address, in which case they only fill out the stuff they know?

I think if you only put Zip (Postal) Code of Sponsor and Pricipal Applcant to the form of Inland Spousal Spoousal Application. Should be fine. Becasue they already reside in Canada. For another family member who not include this application. They do not return the package even you do not put the Code on unless they live in Canada or US.

cn1

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
For people living abroad (not US/Canada) how do you know that they won't return it if you don't put the zip code? Are people allowed to put also N/A if they don't know the address or the full address, in which case they only fill out the stuff they know?
I know one my friend from China
She applied Inland on Feb 02 2020.
She does not put any Zip code for her family member, Only her hudband (Sponsor) and herself (PA)
She has gotten her AOR on March 31 2020. without return.

cn1

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
These country they can proof address in Family Booklet (some kinds of Household Register)

dingledorf

Oct 2, 2020
I submitted December 2019 Inland Spusal sponsorship application before.
I have same problem with the form had not put the Postal Cod for address. I have sent the webform attach new IMM 5406.
Finally my package has return in March 2020. I don t know how they deal with right now.
Did you use the webform before or after they told you they were sending it back?

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi guys,

So I did some digging and I found a post from 2019 who had the following communicated to him... It appears that USA and Canadian postal codes are absolutely mandatory. Can any of the other vets here chime in?

_------
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete
(Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address). The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country. If you are unable to provide any of the information listed above for any individual listed in section A, B and C, you must provide an explanation.

You must submit the most recent version of this form (06-2019). https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf

Reactions: satmigs

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Hi guys,

So I did some digging and I found a post from 2019 who had the following communicated to him... It appears that USA and Canadian postal codes are absolutely mandatory. Can any of the other vets here chime in?

_------
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) is missing or incomplete. Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed for this form to be considered complete
(Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address). The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country. If you are unable to provide any of the information listed above for any individual listed in section A, B and C, you must provide an explanation.

You must submit the most recent version of this form (06-2019). https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf
Yup. But even then, they usually ask outland applicant ro resubmit for missing info for this form. So I think they are stricter to US or Canada address, and there are some Inland applciamt that were asked to resubmit. Ive seen a post on here US or Canada addresses that had not country in their application just town or city and zip codes, but they accepted it. Maybe they are strict with zip codes. Case to case basis or depends on officer, I guess.

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi guys!

After reading the thread, I figured out that I am in a similar boat, unfortunately.
I mailed my PR application based on PNP paper and the package was delivered on September 3, 2020, with no AOR yet of course.
I and all included in my application are outlands and residing outside Canada/US.

1) I didn't put the full address into the IMM 5406 form (Section C) for my spouse's half-brother (just only city and country) as we don't know it, she doesn't even saw her brother and their common parent also not aware about the exact address.

2) For some full addresses, I didn't add zip because it was hardly possible to find them or even those family members don't know them, however I can try with this again (in some section not enough space). For those who are applying for PR in the application - principal applicant/spouse/child have full address with zip codes.

3) The problem is that I didn't attach LoE about the above. Should I prepare LoE at this point with the necessary info and send it through web form to prevent possible returning of my application? But without AOR I don't clearly understand how to link my explanation with my submitted application...

Kindly ask you guys for any advice or feedbacks of similar cases, please!

Last edited: