+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM Document Checklist IMM 5533

markanthonycuerpo

Jun 5, 2018
Good Morning everyone,

I have a question about the checklist.

Information about Previous Examination (to be completed by the sponsor):
The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa.

My answer to this question is YES.

But the note is confusing: (Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer no.)

Please enlighten me.

Thank You.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I'm not sure what is confusing. It's saying if you (the sponsor) have never applied to become a PR, your answer to the question will be no, as you never would have been in a situation to declare your non accompanying spouse if you never immigrated to Canada as a PR.

markanthonycuerpo

Jun 5, 2018
I'm not sure what is confusing. It's saying if you (the sponsor) have never applied to become a PR, your answer to the question will be no, as you never would have been in a situation to declare your non accompanying spouse if you never immigrated to Canada as a PR.

What will happen if I answeres yes to that question? Will it be send back?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018

bipz

Sep 24, 2018
I have a question about the checklist.

Information about Previous Examination (to be completed by the sponsor):
The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa, and did not receive an immigrant visa.
(Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer no.)

In my case - I applied for PR visa in 2013 - received PR in 2014 - Came alone to Canada as permanent resident . And in 2018 got married to my wife. So my answer is NO correct But the note is confusing

bipz

Sep 24, 2018
Hello
I came to Canada from India as Permanent resident in 2014.
Been working here since then and I had an arranged marriage.
I had an engagement in Nov 2017( photos available ) and we got married on Aug 29th 2018 (photos available). .So for the first time we stayed together at my house with my parents (photos available). Then we went for honey moon ( (photos available)., had reception at her place (photos available).and came back to my place in India . Then as I had to come back to Canada to join my work on Sept 14th. So can this time period after my marriage be considered as Cohabitation even though I only stayed few days with her ?
And if yes , how can these photos can be provided . I there a specific size it should be on