+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5604 QUESTION PLEASE HELP!!

ayreen

Apr 20, 2016
Thanks. Am from Bangladesh. Can I make a notarized affidavit stating that it is impossible to contact the father though we tried multiple times ( which we truely did and failed). So hence unable to sign 5604 form by him . And raise a web form?
Hi Green Leaf. I am also from Bangladesh, and was asked to submit the same documents just recently. It would be would great help if you could guide me through. What legal docs you provided etc.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hey, I have to submit a filled form of IMM5604 and I need to make sure that the "place" indicated beside the non-accompanying parent's signature is about the city/country and not the whole address of the non-accompanying parent, right?
Also, will it be a problem if the notary public stamp is in another language and not in English or French?

Last edited:

oluabid

Oct 19, 2023
Hello.
Please I need a help completing the non accompanying parent form. I have my baby in the US, I was never married to the father and the father ran away even before the delivery of the baby. I have only my name on the birth certificate of the child..
How will I go about the form.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello.
Please I need a help completing the non accompanying parent form. I have my baby in the US, I was never married to the father and the father ran away even before the delivery of the baby. I have only my name on the birth certificate of the child..
How will I go about the form.
Just include a letter of explanation that the father is not on the birth certificate and whereabouts unknown.

oluabid

Oct 19, 2023
Thank you for your response armoured... Surprisingly I got a pre Landing letter from immigration today for my son without sending the letter of explanation.
Do you think I should still go ahead and send the letter of explanation?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your response armoured... Surprisingly I got a pre Landing letter from immigration today for my son without sending the letter of explanation.
Do you think I should still go ahead and send the letter of explanation?
Could you clarify what type of process you are appyling for and what stage the application is at? Not clear to me at all. Is this sponsorship of a dependent child?

And what 'pre Landing letter' did you get?

oluabid

Oct 19, 2023
I am applying for in-canada PR application for protected person.

letter I received from ircc is pasted below.

We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to: • Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada; • Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada; • Connect with employers; and • Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including language training, after you arrive in Canada. Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination: Canada.ca/pre-arrival-services You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers listed on the IRCC website. www.facebook.com/CitCanada www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada Join us on Facebook ( ) and follow us on Twitter ( ) for regular updates on immigration, settlement services and citizenship.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am applying for in-canada PR application for protected person.
Please ask your question in the refugee/asylum part of the forum.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/refugees-and-asylum.56/

I do not know what applies to your case.

My guess is that you'll still need to provide the birth certificate (in lieu of the approval of the other parent) plus short letter of explanation and that you are the sole custodial parent.

There is a possibility you may need to provide some additional information if IRCC gets concerned that the father - despite not appearing on the birth certificate - retains some parental rights, and you may need to show some additional documents or basis for your sole custody; you might need a lawyer for that (depending on what they ask for).

Reactions: YVR123