crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
Please i do have a question regarding the IMM 5604 form,(Declaration from non-accompanying parent/guardian for minors immigrating to Canada)- the dependant mother is deceased and principal applicant is father. How can this form be completed and by whom please?
Your reponses are highly appreciated,thanks.

rj2301

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax IRCC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
16-10-2015
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
IELTS Request
26-04-2016
File Transfer...
26-04-2016
Med's Request
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
21-08-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
LANDED..........
13-03-2017
crucial said:
Hello all,
Please i do have a question regarding the IMM 5604 form,(Declaration from non-accompanying parent/guardian for minors immigrating to Canada)- the dependant mother is deceased and principal applicant is father. How can this form be completed and by whom please?
They will need only one parent either mother or father to sign this form.
Both parents are not needed to fill out the form, however attach death certificate for dependant's mother to prove that father is only living parent hence minor is dependant to father only.

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rj2301 said:
They will need only one parent either mother or father to sign this form.
Both parents are not needed to fill out the form, however attach death certificate for dependant's mother to prove that father is only living parent hence minor is dependant to father only.
oh wow, just like that.... you response is so helpful thank you so much..

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does the PA needs to sign it with the notary public witnessing?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
crucial said:
Hello all,
You do not fill out IMM5604. This form is only required when the child is immigrating with one parent and the other parent is not immigrating.

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
You do not fill out IMM5604. This form is only required when the child is immigrating with one parent and the other parent is not immigrating.
Yes the dependent is immigrating with the PA while mother is deceased. The IMM 5604 was requested by the VO.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
crucial said:
Yes the dependent is immigrating with the PA while mother is deceased. The IMM 5604 was requested by the VO.
Respond with a letter of explanation and the mother's death certificate.

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Respond with a letter of explanation and the mother's death certificate.
Thanks for your help.

Jn198

Star Member
Sep 17, 2019
How do I fill the imm5604 form when my wife has baby for another man she's not married to

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I also have the same problem. The father is deceased and don't know how to fill out the form
Has CIC asked you to fill out this form? Or are you preparing your application?

Either way the suggestion above still makes sense - include a copy of the death certificate and include short letter explaining that you are not providing the declaration of non-accompanying parent as that parent is deceased.

Green leaf

Jul 25, 2019
Got ADR for 5604 for my minor child from my ex husband. As he is totally unavailable a extremely arrogant and denied any communication with us . So, we went court and obtained a full custody and gurdianship and the court order stating I can travel internationally with my child freely .
The father won't sign paper 5604 .
What to do ?

Reactions: Krysse

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Got ADR for 5604 for my minor child from my ex husband. As he is totally unavailable a extremely arrogant and denied any communication with us . So, we went court and obtained a full custody and gurdianship and the court order stating I can travel internationally with my child freely .
The father won't sign paper 5604 .
What to do ?
Provide the court order (copy translated and notarised) and a letter of explanation that the permission letter does not apply as you have full custody and guardianship.

I do not know but suspect that because of differences in legal systems (e.g. in some countries completely having parental rights deprived not always fully possible or comparable to Canada) they may look at this carefully, so document as much as you can.

Reactions: Green leaf

Green leaf

Jul 25, 2019
Provide the court order (copy translated and notarised) and a letter of explanation that the permission letter does not apply as you have full custody and guardianship.

I do not know but suspect that because of differences in legal systems (e.g. in some countries completely having parental rights deprived not always fully possible or comparable to Canada) they may look at this carefully, so document as much as you can.
Thanks. Am from Bangladesh. Can I make a notarized affidavit stating that it is impossible to contact the father though we tried multiple times ( which we truely did and failed). So hence unable to sign 5604 form by him . And raise a web form?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks. Am from Bangladesh. Can I make a notarized affidavit stating that it is impossible to contact the father though we tried multiple times ( which we truely did and failed). So hence unable to sign 5604 form by him . And raise a web form?
Obviously you can try to do some kind of notarised affidavit.

But note: if you have complete and solid legal documentation that you have sole custody, in theory that affidavit does nothing.

I suppose it can't hurt, but these are questions that are likely more to do with Bangladeshi law.