+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5562 needs to be filled by Sponsor as well ...??

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
Hello Everyone,

My wife, principal applicant is from India and she has to fill out IMM 5562 Travel History form.

Now that form has Spouse part as well. So as a canadian citizen and as a sponsor, do I have to fill out this form as a spouse of PA. And if not, then should I write N/A or check mark on Did Not Travel.?

Thank you,

Reactions: Makengo

Makengo

Jul 19, 2017
offline136, did you get an answer to your question or resolve it otherwise?

I understand that the Canadian citizen sponsor/spouse does not need to fill out a separate form.

However, what I do not understand is whether the Principal Applicant who is being sponsored by their Canadian spouse needs to fill out the Travel History of the Canadian spouse in the form that the Principal Applicant is filling, i.e., 2 (b) where it requires their spouse's (Canadian or not) travel history.

Thanks indeed!

show_aib

Aug 25, 2015
Hello Everyone,

My wife, principal applicant is from India and she has to fill out IMM 5562 Travel History form.

Now that form has Spouse part as well. So as a canadian citizen and as a sponsor, do I have to fill out this form as a spouse of PA. And if not, then should I write N/A or check mark on Did Not Travel.?

Thank you,
Hello, I am in similar dilemma, I am in Canada since 2014 and sponsoring my wife, In the travel history form did you put your time in Canada as travel?

luckbymyside

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Hello, I am in similar dilemma, I am in Canada since 2014 and sponsoring my wife, In the travel history form did you put your time in Canada as travel?
I am in the same situation. Does the sponsor need to fill spouse section of this form? if so, then how do we put the trips of canada and india because one is place of origin and other is place of residence?