+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imm 5562 form spousal sponsorship

oatmeal36

Oct 6, 2023
I am sponsoring my wife. I am a Canadian citizen. It is an inland application.

Do we have to fill out imm 5562 form online? There is no star (*) on the form and it is called supplementary. Is it mandatory to fill it out?

I still provided my wife's travels though. But, it is asking my travel details for the past 10 years. I have been to close to 60 different countries. I dont recall when and how long was those trips...

2Merry

Jun 10, 2023

Do we have to fill out imm 5562 form online? There is no star (*) on the form and it is called supplementary. Is it mandatory to fill it out?

I still provided my wife's travels though. But, it is asking my travel details for the past 10 years. I have been to close to 60 different countries. I dont recall when and how long was those trips...
I am no expert, and my application is still in limbo somewhere. I'm not sure how this specifically works, but for my application I had more than 200 trips in the last 10 years. I had to pull from everwhere (expense reports, credit card statements, frequent flyer miles statements, emails, FB posts, photos, etc. to come up with a coherent list of all the locations and dates. It was a big piece of work.

oatmeal36

Oct 6, 2023
I am no expert, and my application is still in limbo somewhere. I'm not sure how this specifically works, but for my application I had more than 200 trips in the last 10 years. I had to pull from everwhere (expense reports, credit card statements, frequent flyer miles statements, emails, FB posts, photos, etc. to come up with a coherent list of all the locations and dates. It was a big piece of work.
Yeah, I hear ya! I downloaded the checklist and imm5562 was not losted. Also it clearly says you will not neex to fill out every form on this page. Make sure you are only filling out forms that are needed for your program.

Imm 5562 does not have a star either.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Sponsor does not have to provide travel history.

Reactions: YVR123

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Not mandatory for the sponsor but we provided it anyways(since most of the trips were us travelling together anyways)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you. It makes sense but i will still provide them. I dont want the application returned....
They do not want it and will not use it. if you want to provide it anyway, well, do what you want ... But honestly don't ask questions about how to prepare info for your 200 trips when it is not required.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
So, let's review. You came here asking:

Then, after receiving advice from @armoured (and I can attest from personal experience is 100% accurate advice), you come back with:

Thank you. It makes sense but i will still provide them. I dont want the application returned....
Then, may I ask, why did you come here and ask the question when you had already decided upon a course of action? A waste of time for members here to take the time to provide responses and give advice you plan to ignore.

So sure, go ahead and dump on the IRCC your tales of visits to 60 or so countries, which the IRCC will be happy to relegate to the dustbin toute de suite.