Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Sorry for the hassel I searched around the forum and found out that I did not need this form filled out and sent in with my application, I'm a Canadian Citizen and want to sponsor my wife, from Kosovo and my child, would I need to fill in this document, and if so, what additional documents do I need to attach with this form, letters from friends and family to support our claim that we are are a married couple and do I need to have them signed and stamped by a lawyer?

Thanks in advance.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMM 5409 is a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union. If you are married, then you do not need to complete this form. You will find a list of all the documents and forms that you need listed in the Document Checklist for your region.

Berti

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! So is there a different document that asks me to provide proof of marriage?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your marriage certificate is proof of your marriage. You will also need to submit proof that your relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes ex. emails, photos, letters, boarding passes etc. You will need to submit all the forms and documents listed in the Document Checklist for your country which you can find here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp