+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 1344 and 5540 Questions. . .

canaboy

Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, thanks for providing all the excellent information on here. I'm a canadian born citizen, and was travelling in China this spring, met a girl, spent a month together, fell in love, and we are now getting married next month. I left China at the end of June and came back the end of August, and will be staying here until the end of the year (possibly a little longer).

I have been searching for an answer to some questions, but haven't been successful in locating them.

IMM 5540

Question 4 - My father is deceased, do I still need to enter his particulars, and indicate same?

Question 11 - Are you currently living in Canada? I will be submitting the package from China, therefore technically I will not currently be living in Canada, instead I am temporarily vacationing/living in China (4-6 months). Do I answer "technically" or just check yes, since birth??

Thanks in advance for all your assistance!

CanaBoy

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
When I filled in my part of the application (I am the one being sponsored) it asked about my father who is deceased. I included him in the background declaration as well as additional Family info. At both points I wrote he was deceased and on what date. I would write his details in and then note that he is deceased and on what date. I don't think too much info hurts lol

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, definitely list your father on the form. Where they ask for his address is where I would state that he is deceased. You haven't set up a permanent residence in China, so you are still just on vacation there but living in Canada so yes, you should say that you are living in Canada .