+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008 Question No. 3

Eight

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
I was a little bit confused with question no 3. How many family members, including you, are in this application? My husband is sponsoring me, but I have a child with my previous relationship and I want him to come with me once my application approved. I already asked his mother and she is willing to give me a consent or permission to come our child with me. Should I put 2? Thanks for responding.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If you want the child to be considered during the sponsorship application, then yes 2.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Eight said:
I was a little bit confused with question no 3. How many family members, including you, are in this application? My husband is sponsoring me, but I have a child with my previous relationship and I want him to come with me once my application approved. I already asked his mother and she is willing to give me a consent or permission to come our child with me. Should I put 2? Thanks for responding.
Answer is 2 - you and your child. Your child must be included as a dependent, and must do a medical exam. You can list him as non-accompanying if you don't intend for him to get PR with you and sponsor him later.

However in your previous posts you indicated you weren't declared on your partner's own PR app as a common-law partner even though you had been living together more than 12 months at the time he landed. So you are barred forever from being sponsored by him, and should expect your app now to be rejected due to this. Unless you decide to commit fraud/misrepresentation by lying on your app now.

Eight

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
Rob_TO said:
Answer is 2 - you and your child. Your child must be included as a dependent, and must do a medical exam. You can list him as non-accompanying if you don't intend for him to get PR with you and sponsor him later.

However in your previous posts you indicated you weren't declared on your partner's own PR app as a common-law partner even though you had been living together more than 12 months at the time he landed. So you are barred forever from being sponsored by him, and should expect your app now to be rejected due to this. Unless you decide to commit fraud/misrepresentation by lying on your app now.
Hi Rob_To, we have consulted an immigration lawyer and told us that there was nothing wrong with our application. When my partner arrived here in Canada, his status is single and when he applied for PR, he still single.