+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008 filling information for spouse when husband has applied as primary applicant

anightmare

Jan 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Need help urgently.

My husband applied for Express Entry under Economic-Skilled worker program in December 2017 and got invitation to apply. All the formalities were completed on his end regarding his documents and proof of funds.

We recently got married in Jan and now he has informed them about the change in marital status. They have requested a checklist including IMM0008 and others.

I have two doubts while filling IMM 0008 :-

For the very first question regarding Program & Category under which you are applying:- I should mention the same details as my husband (Economic) because I believe Family program is for the people if m husbandd already has PR which is not the case.

Second doubt is he has filled IMM0008 with his details and adding my details in spouse section since he is the primary applicant. While I am filling the form, should I also add his details in spouse section or not as he is not my dependant.

Please help. Need to submit urgently.

Reactions: Armstrong17

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
1) Yes - Economic class
2) Only the PA needs to fill up the IMM0008, adding the spouse details under Dependent section
3) IMM5406 Additional Family Information needs to be filled out separately (one for PA and another for spouse)

anightmare

Jan 27, 2018
Thanks very much for the reply. But in the checklist they have asked like this:-
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669

So I think I also need to fill IMM 0008; from there comes the doubt of spouse section :(

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
In that case, I’m not sure. I was asked 3 times for the documents (once from CPC-Ottawa and twice from SGVO), and also the guide on how to fill it out says only the PA needs to accomplish it.

anightmare

Jan 27, 2018
ok.. might be this is the case while adding spouse information first hand and I am applying after he has already got the invitation and his documents are processed. Not sure if not required why they have mentioned like this

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
I'm also unsure about whether IMM0008 needs to be filled twice. Can any expert clarify? I mean, the spouse's details are captured in IMM008 if the primary applicant is filling out the form.

mani007

Jul 21, 2015
hey buddy did u find anything regarding IMM0008,because i am also in same situation. do i need to fill this from separately for my spouse or just from my side as principal applicant.
thanks for considering.

mani007

Jul 21, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Need help urgently.

My husband applied for Express Entry under Economic-Skilled worker program in December 2017 and got invitation to apply. All the formalities were completed on his end regarding his documents and proof of funds.

We recently got married in Jan and now he has informed them about the change in marital status. They have requested a checklist including IMM0008 and others.

For the very first question regarding Program & Category under which you are applying:- I should mention the same details as my husband (Economic) because I believe Family program is for the people if m husbandd already has PR which is not the case.

Second doubt is he has filled IMM0008 with his details and adding my details in spouse section since he is the primary applicant. While I am filling the form, should I also add his details in spouse section or not as he is not my dependant.

hey buddy did u find anything regarding IMM0008,because i am also in same situation. do i need to fill this from separately for my spouse or just from my side as principal applicant.
thanks for considering.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
thanks for considering.
IMM0008 is to be filled by PA only, adding the spouse as dependent.

Chobz

Jun 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have few questions on IMM008.

1. Do we need to fill UCI no? in the form if yes then this UCi no will the same which is there in our Cic account right?
2. The highest level of education. My Wife is PA. She has done BCom + CA ( India). WES accessed it as 2 or more bachelors. So do we need to fill the Highest level of education as bachelor's in this form? As form does not have the option for 2 or more bachelor degrees.
Or we need to select post graduate- no degree option.

Please, guide.
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Praveen.123

Oct 2, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have few questions on IMM008.

1. Do we need to fill UCI no? in the form if yes then this UCi no will the same which is there in our Cic account right?
2. The highest level of education. My Wife is PA. She has done BCom + CA ( India). WES accessed it as 2 or more bachelors. So do we need to fill the Highest level of education as bachelor's in this form? As form does not have the option for 2 or more bachelor degrees.
Or we need to select post graduate- no degree option.

Please, guide.
Thanks in advance.

Regards

did you get the answers for this ?

Maulik12

Jun 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Need help urgently.

Hi there,

I am going through same situation as yours. My wife is a PA and we are trying add myself in her application. Now the doubt is that are we both required to fill out the form Imm0008 or just PA? Because according to request letter it says " IMM0008 for yourself and your spouse". Your suggestion will be much appreciated and what did you do in your case?

Regards.

Sammy M.

Oct 3, 2018
Hi there,

I am going through same situation as yours. My wife is a PA and we are trying add myself in her application. Now the doubt is that are we both required to fill out the form Imm0008 or just PA? Because according to request letter it says " IMM0008 for yourself and your spouse". Your suggestion will be much appreciated and what did you do in your case?

Regards.[/QUOTE
Hello Maulik12, did you happen to find out what to do? Im also facing the same situation.

Sammy M.

Oct 3, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Need help urgently.

Hey anightmare, can you please update us on what you have done?

anirudhmagon

Nov 2, 2017
Hi there,

Regards.
Hi , I am in same situation. Did you found out the answer to IMM 0008.? Do we need to submit 2 Imm00087 or single from Primary applicant will be enough