+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008 filling information for spouse when husband has applied as primary applicant

Maulik12

Jun 22, 2018
Hi , I am in same situation. Did you found out the answer to IMM 0008.? Do we need to submit 2 Imm00087 or single from Primary applicant will be enough
Hey,

You both are required to fill the form imm0008 separately. As the PA's history has updated and dependant will be the new applicant.

anasazeem

Feb 23, 2018
Hello everyone,
I want to know the method of submitting the form? Do I need to
1. Fill the form >> "Save" the PDF document and upload the digital copy?
OR
2. Fill the form >> Print it >> Sign it >> Scan it >> upload it?

Thanks in advance.

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Need help urgently.

My husband applied for Express Entry under Economic-Skilled worker program in December 2017 and got invitation to apply. All the formalities were completed on his end regarding his documents and proof of funds.

We recently got married in Jan and now he has informed them about the change in marital status. They have requested a checklist including IMM0008 and others.

I have two doubts while filling IMM 0008 :-

For the very first question regarding Program & Category under which you are applying:- I should mention the same details as my husband (Economic) because I believe Family program is for the people if m husbandd already has PR which is not the case.

Second doubt is he has filled IMM0008 with his details and adding my details in spouse section since he is the primary applicant. While I am filling the form, should I also add his details in spouse section or not as he is not my dependant.

Please help. Need to submit urgently.
Hi anightmare, My wife is also in a similar situation like you. Can you please help me with following questions?

1. What to fill for UCI number, since I am the Principal Applicant, I have a UCI number, but my wife doesn't have one. What should I fill in UCI for her form imm0008?

2. What to fill in for her form - "category under which you are applying"?

3. Did you finally add your husband as your dependent, because if I do not add, it invalidates field 3 (how many family members, including you, are in this application).

Sushan

Oct 2, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Need help urgently.

My husband applied for Express Entry under Economic-Skilled worker program in December 2017 and got invitation to apply. All the formalities were completed on his end regarding his documents and proof of funds.

We recently got married in Jan and now he has informed them about the change in marital status. They have requested a checklist including IMM0008 and others.

For the very first question regarding Program & Category under which you are applying:- I should mention the same details as my husband (Economic) because I believe Family program is for the people if m husbandd already has PR which is not the case.

Second doubt is he has filled IMM0008 with his details and adding my details in spouse section since he is the primary applicant. While I am filling the form, should I also add his details in spouse section or not as he is not my dependant.

Hi anightmare,
Please let me know what did you finally do and which stage of application process you are in now.
Thanks

Sushan

Oct 2, 2020
Hi anightmare, My wife is also in a similar situation like you. Can you please help me with following questions?

1. What to fill for UCI number, since I am the Principal Applicant, I have a UCI number, but my wife doesn't have one. What should I fill in UCI for her form imm0008?

2. What to fill in for her form - "category under which you are applying"?

3. Did you finally add your husband as your dependent, because if I do not add, it invalidates field 3 (how many family members, including you, are in this application).
Hey pjain64,
I am in the same boat right now and need urgent answers to the same questions.
Please let me know what did you finally do and which stage of the application process you are in now.
Thanks

Sushan

Oct 2, 2020
Hi , I am in same situation. Did you found out the answer to IMM 0008.? Do we need to submit 2 Imm00087 or single from Primary applicant will be enough
Hi anirudhmagon,
I am in the same boat right now and need urgent answers to the same questions.
Please let me know what did you finally do and which stage of the application process you are in now.
Thanks

10Harpreet

Apr 15, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I have few questions on IMM008.

1. Do we need to fill UCI no? in the form if yes then this UCi no will the same which is there in our Cic account right?
2. The highest level of education. My Wife is PA. She has done BCom + CA ( India). WES accessed it as 2 or more bachelors. So do we need to fill the Highest level of education as bachelor's in this form? As form does not have the option for 2 or more bachelor degrees.
Or we need to select post graduate- no degree option.

Please, guide.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Hi Guys,
Can you share your experience how you filled the form?

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP
g IMM0008,because i am also in same situation. do i need to fill this from
Hi Everyone,

Need help urgently.

Hi!

Hope you and your spouse must have become a PR now.
Could you help me with the first question that you have asked, please, as that has been bothering me, as well?

Thank you so much!

hamza361

May 2, 2024
Help with imm0008, 5406, 5669, 5406, 5562.

I, a primary applicant on express entry got married after receiving AOR, they requested the above mentioned forms. I am still not in Canada and has received COPR.
I have following questions:
1: o i fill two separate imm0008 for me and my spouse? If not, i simply add my spouse under dependants? If yes, I am to select economic program and skilled worker, but what about my spouse? Which program is she supposed to select? And does she add me as dependent?
2: In imm5406, the copy that my spouse has to fill, does she add her name unde the first section titled with APPLICANT? And mention me as her spouse?
3: is there only one imm5562e to be filled?
4: is there only one copy of imm 5669e, background declaration to be filled? By the spouse only?
And lastly,
5: i have the PDFs, do i fill them all and sign after printing them out?
Really need some quick answers on it. Help a brother out. Thanks