+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008, 3. *How many family members including you, are in this application?

gapkick

Oct 10, 2021
As in the heading, I have a question on the IMM 0008, 3. *How many family members including you, are in this application?

I am a Canadian citizen who is sponsoring my wife for Family Class Sponsorship. My wife and I don't have a child of our own yet but my wife has a teenage son. We will apply for PR for my wife and her son but our plan is I and my wife will move to Canada first when PR is granted and bring her son after we find a place and job.

So, for the question above, do we put 1 or 2 here for the answer?

I appreciate your help on this. Thank you.

Last edited:

gapkick

Oct 10, 2021
As in the heading, I have a question on the IMM 0008, 3. *How many family members including you, are in this application?

I am a Canadian citizen who is sponsoring my wife for Family Class Sponsorship. My wife and I don't have a child of our own yet but my wife has a teenage son. We will apply for PR for my wife and her son but our plan is I and my wife will move to Canada first when PR is granted and bring her son after we find a place and job.

So, for the question above, do we put 1 or 2 here for the answer?

I appreciate your help on this. Thank you.
Is there anyone who can help with the question above? We believe my wife should put 2 here for an answer as we are applying for her teenage son as well however my wife and I may move first to find a place and job. The answer is still 2 right?

Thank you for going over this. I appreciate it.

twinmama15

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
There are 2 applicants your wife and her son, you aren’t an applicant because you are already a citizen. That wording confused us as well

Reactions: gapkick

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Are you sure you want to put your step son under non-accompanying?

He will need to go through medical twice. (once as your wife's dependent and again when his mom apply to sponsor him later)

gapkick

Oct 10, 2021
Thank you YVR123 for the additional information. That is very helpful to understand beforehand. It may be better to plan to move altogether. We will discuss more with my family and plan. Thank you for your help.