+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0006 extended family

TheresaGJ

Nov 7, 2020
Hi, my fiancé is in Canada, I am in England and seem to be waiting endlessly for AUTHORIZATION from my IMM 0006 that was signed by a Canadian notary. I submitted it to an IRCC email but there’s no way of tracking your request or if it is even being dealt with. Is there any way that I can track what’s happening or how long this will take, it’s disconcerting being in limbo.

xfilez76

Jul 21, 2020
Hi, my fiancé is in Canada, I am in England and seem to be waiting endlessly for AUTHORIZATION from my IMM 0006 that was signed by a Canadian notary. I submitted it to an IRCC email but there’s no way of tracking your request or if it is even being dealt with. Is there any way that I can track what’s happening or how long this will take, it’s disconcerting being in limbo.
Have you received your authorization letter?

xfilez76

Jul 21, 2020
It's been over 14 days for me as well. I don't know if I should wait or send another email. I read that one user here took a month to get their approval. It's frustrating not knowing!

Naalelnak

Sep 5, 2020
Unfortunately all you can do now is wait, if your from England and an ETA holder then you needed to submit via the Webform and not via email though, although they were still approving those submitted via email. Fingers are crossed you get it this week.

I applied on the 9th Oct and got it within the 2 weeks, im in Canada almost 4 weeks now and on the weekend they sent me another authorisation confirmation email so don't know how that happened. There does not seem to be any logic or order to the way in which they are giving approvals.

deebz

Nov 17, 2020
My girlfriend applied on Oct 16th and received her authorization Nov 6th. She's a EU passport holder that already had a valid ETA. I don't know if it helped but on Nov 5th she sent an email to inquire on the status of her application and within 24 hours it was approved. It could be nothing but a massive coincidence but my feeling is someone saw the email inquiry, looked up the application and rather than just reply to the original email to confirm they had received it just went ahead and approved it.

As said previously there does not seem to be any sort of logical order with which they process these applications, some people receive an answer within a few days while others wait for weeks. If yours has been longer than the 10 business days they claim I would go ahead and send them an email asking for an update, it might just work.

dungski

Dec 21, 2019
It's been over 14 days for me as well. I don't know if I should wait or send another email. I read that one user here took a month to get their approval. It's frustrating not knowing!
Do you think the spike of cases has something to do with the delay of approvals? I also emailed my request on 6thNov and still got no reply. Am afraid to send a follow-up email as it might delay even further if you send multiple emails, as per their advisory. Let's just hope and pray we all get approvals very soon so we can be with our families before Christmas at least. Good day.

Nov 7, 2020
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New York
Do you think the spike of cases has something to do with the delay of approvals? I also emailed my request on 6thNov and still got no reply. Am afraid to send a follow-up email as it might delay even further if you send multiple emails, as per their advisory. Let's just hope and pray we all get approvals very soon so we can be with our families before Christmas at least. Good day.
I am in the same situation and this also my question! I applied for authorization letter (though email) on Nov 10th and waiting. Living in New York.

Last edited:

dungski

Dec 21, 2019
Congrats! Which country are you applying from? I think 17 completely makes sense since they say that it takes 14 business days.
I sent my application on 06 Nov and until now received no reply. I'm afraid to send a follow-up as it might even delay further since they mentioned that if you send multiple emails, your application might get delayed or possibly be refused. At least they should let us know the status if any. Recently I am getting the bad news that BC might go on lockdown soon. Hopefully will hear some good news in the coming days. Good day.

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Is there someone here that were in the same page my fiance got an approval for IM0006 but the visa is still in process my girfriend lives in dubai