+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0006 - authorization and statutory declaration - For Family members but not Spouse

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Per the latest release by Canadian Immigration, Citizens or PR's are able to use IIM 0006 for submitting the declaration for immediate family members so that the family members can travel to Canada without a visa.

URL :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

This is applicable for couples who are in relationship, dependent child, parent etc.

WHY IS THERE NO SUCH ARRANGEMENT for a legally married spouse ?

I am a canadian PR and my wife is in India. She doesnt have any VISA. I dont want to apply Outland for her as it can take years.

What are the other options I have during these Covid times ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As per my other answer think you will find a visa or ETA is still required unless you can show in the above link where it states no valid travel document required.

The link above is in 2 parts , (1) immediate family travel such as spouse, no IM 0006 required just Proof relationship and spouse in Canada status. (2) extended family where IM0006 is required. In either case as stated in the link a valid travel document, visa or ETA is required.

Above is my interpretation and can be corrected if I misread the guidance .

Last edited:

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
Per the latest release by Canadian Immigration, Citizens or PR's are able to use IIM 0006 for submitting the declaration for immediate family members so that the family members can travel to Canada without a visa.

URL :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

This is applicable for couples who are in relationship, dependent child, parent etc.

WHY IS THERE NO SUCH ARRANGEMENT for a legally married spouse ?

I am a canadian PR and my wife is in India. She doesnt have any VISA. I dont want to apply Outland for her as it can take years.

What are the other options I have during these Covid times ?
She counts as immediate family, not extended family. And you can sponsor her and get her a PR but I dont know how long that takes now