+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

iMessage - proof of contact

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
Hi there, my wife and I used to communicate using iMessage in the beginning of our relationship. I want to send the screenshots of our conversation as proof of contact.
However the problem with iMessage is it does not show dates/timestamp. Has anyone came across this problem? How did you provided chat history of iMessage?
Please help, it is urgent.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
iMessage shows dates and times. To show times on your phone touch and drag the screen from right to left and the timestamps with show. On a Mac computer right click on the main message screen and select 'show times', then select File > Print.

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
iMessage shows dates and times. To show times on your phone touch and drag the screen from right to left and the timestamps with show. On a Mac computer right click on the main message screen and select 'show times', then select File > Print.
Thanks for your response. I do not own Mac.
Also, dragging message from right to left only shows time. It does not show date on iPhone.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
On the iPhone the date shows at the beginning of each days messages. If you've got a bunch of messages sent today for example, you'll have to scroll up to the first message of the day to show the date. It might say "Sent Today", or "Sent Yesterday", so you'll have to scroll back in time a few more days to get the actual dates to start showing.

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
On the iPhone the date shows at the beginning of each days messages. If you've got a bunch of messages sent today for example, you'll have to scoll up to the first message of the day to show the date. It might say "Sent Today", or "Sent Yesterday", so you'll have to scroll back in time a few more days to get the actual dates to start showing.
Right, but we talked a lot in a given single day and it is really hard to prove the date on other new chats on that day.

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
Thats what the timestamps are for.
The problem is I do want to show the screenshot from middle of our conversation. Even if there is nothing to show, just for sake of showing date, I had to choose first message of that particular day. Why there is no simple way to do this?!