+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm so depressed ! Please advise !

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
guys I'm in a middle of a situation that is causing me a lot of stress ! I just can't deal with it all by myself so please share your opinion with me !

My father came to Canada as a refugee then when he got his PR card he sponsored us ! We have been living here since 2013 , and it says on the confirmation of PR .. Category DR2 !

Now I got married in 2016 and I wanted to live in UAE with my husband for few months , the issue is that Palestinians are not very welcomed in UAE for unknown reasons for me ! So in order to be able to live with my husband , I had to apply for a temporary Jordanian passport to use it to issue a visit visa to UAE and that's what happened!

Now I came back to Canada and I want to sponsor my husband , I have been working on his application for more than six months ! Today I found out from a satellment counsellor that the whole application might be rejected because I applied for a Jordanian passport ! She said that my category is considered as refugee and I'm breaking the Canadian law by applying for another passport ! When she told me that I started crying and couldn't believe it !how would I know that ?!

Guys my family live here and I have a job too , I love being in Canada and would love to have my husband here with me !

My father came as a refugee but not us , is it true what she told me ?! The Jordanian passport is temporary only and I don't have any rights in Jordam !
Guys please help me !

Does anyone about my situation?! I'm scared and lost !

Samson1

Apr 28, 2018
It's a difficult situation and the answer is not obvious. I highly recommend you seek the help of a professional immigration lawyer versed in refugee problems. It's worth the money. Don't stress.

Reactions: Hana Diabas

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
guys I'm in a middle of a situation that is causing me a lot of stress ! I just can't deal with it all by myself so please share your opinion with me !

My father came to Canada as a refugee then when he got his PR card he sponsored us ! We have been living here since 2013 , and it says on the confirmation of PR .. Category DR2 !

Now I got married in 2016 and I wanted to live in UAE with my husband for few months , the issue is that Palestinians are not very welcomed in UAE for unknown reasons for me ! So in order to be able to live with my husband , I had to apply for a temporary Jordanian passport to use it to issue a visit visa to UAE and that's what happened!

Now I came back to Canada and I want to sponsor my husband , I have been working on his application for more than six months ! Today I found out from a satellment counsellor that the whole application might be rejected because I applied for a Jordanian passport ! She said that my category is considered as refugee and I'm breaking the Canadian law by applying for another passport ! When she told me that I started crying and couldn't believe it !how would I know that ?!

Guys my family live here and I have a job too , I love being in Canada and would love to have my husband here with me !

My father came as a refugee but not us , is it true what she told me ?! The Jordanian passport is temporary only and I don't have any rights in Jordam !
Guys please help me !

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/immigration-category-confirmation-permanent-residence-copr.html
  • DR2: Dependant of CR8 refugee claimant who resides abroad and who has not deemed to be a Convention refugee in his/her own right

Since you are not a refugee (you were sponsored as a dependent), I don't think the rule applies to you about renewing home countries passport or visiting home country. That only applies to actual refugees like your father (category CR).

Egypt2018

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/immigration-category-confirmation-permanent-residence-copr.html
  • DR2: Dependant of CR8 refugee claimant who resides abroad and who has not deemed to be a Convention refugee in his/her own right

Since you are not a refugee (you were sponsored as a dependent), I don't think the rule applies to you about renewing home countries passport or visiting home country. That only applies to actual refugees like your father (category CR).
what happens if a refugee that is in DM status on citizenship, renewed there home country passport for the solo purpose to get married in a different country as the would accept that rather than the CAnadian Travel doc. but didnt go home or anything, just used it for that.

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
just attach a note of what happened.
the immigration are humans too, they will understand your concern.

at least that's what i did. I attach a note to my any document with explanation of my concern.
as far as I concern, that's what a lawyer would do as well.

Lawyer's capability is the same as yours.

Reactions: Natalycobos

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Guys please help me !

I agree with Rob. You were never declared to be a refugee yourself, just a dependent of one.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
what happens if a refugee that is in DM status on citizenship, renewed there home country passport for the solo purpose to get married in a different country as the would accept that rather than the CAnadian Travel doc. but didnt go home or anything, just used it for that.
If you did this, you availed yourself of the protection of your home country by traveling on that passport. It doesn't matter if you didn't go to your home country.

Egypt2018

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
If you did this, you availed yourself of the protection of your home country by traveling on that passport. It doesn't matter if you didn't go to your home country.
i didnt travel on it. i only travel on my travel doc... theyt just renewed it and used it to get married with it as a form of ID as im getting married to someone from that country

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
i didnt travel on it. i only travel on my travel doc... theyt just renewed it and used it to get married with it as a form of ID as im getting married to someone from that country
I don't know how that would be viewed.

Aliengine

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Refugees will issue a travel document as they are not allowed to use passports or visit countries they seek protection from.

In your case you got a temp passport and is not a permanent or citizen one. for that this law will not be applied to you.

In this case, I suggest you got prof lawyer to get standby in case anything happened.

It will be a bit expensive but at least you will be in safe side.

Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That can still be a problem and result in citizenship refusal and PR being revoked.

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Refugees will issue a travel document as they are not allowed to use passports or visit countries they seek protection from.

In your case you got a temp passport and is not a permanent or citizen one. for that this law will not be applied to you.

In this case, I suggest you got prof lawyer to get standby in case anything happened.

It will be a bit expensive but at least you will be in safe side.

Good luck!
Should I use a lawyer now or maybe send the application and wait if anything get wrong I can use lawyer ! I only make 15$ an hour !!

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
just attach a note of what happened.
the immigration are humans too, they will understand your concern.

at least that's what i did. I attach a note to my any document with explanation of my concern.
as far as I concern, that's what a lawyer would do as well.

Lawyer's capability is the same as yours.
Oh ! Thank you for saving me from a heart attack ! I'm so stressed and desperate to see my husband !

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
When there is a problem in your application , is it better to explain it from the beginning or is it better to wait until CIC ask for an explanation or further information ?