+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Im In Canada, want to bring my spouse here. Need to know best suitable way anybody please help

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
I applied for Canadian SP in 2022 and in 2023 I got married. My visa arrived after my marriage. I came alone in Canada on August 2023. I now want to bring my spouse with me. How to apply for SOWP ? Please need expert opinion. On GCkey it only shows visitor visa and family reunion?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for Canadian SP in 2022 and in 2023 I got married. My visa arrived after my marriage. I came alone in Canada on August 2023. I now want to bring my spouse with me. How to apply for SOWP ? Please need expert opinion. On GCkey it only shows visitor visa and family reunion?
So you say your visa arrived after you married? So during that time waiting for approval you updated your file to married and did not enter Canada a single?

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
So you say your visa arrived after you married? So during that time waiting for approval you updated your file to married and did not enter Canada a single?
The file was updated about the marriage. It just I now have to apply for the SOWP. If you can tell me the required basic and major ancillary docs for that?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The file was updated about the marriage. It just I now have to apply for the SOWP. If you can tell me the required basic and major ancillary docs for that?
Just warning you that SOWP isn’t guaranteed. Many are under the impression that SOWP is guarnateed and get married after they apply for a student permit but before they leave. IRCC often views marriage right before leaving for Canada as a potential case of immigration fraud. Did you have a long period of in person dating before getting married or was this an arranged marriage? When exactly did you get married? How many days did you live together before leaving for Canada? Are you studying at college or university? There seems to be a higher approval rate for advanced degrees especially at university. You will need to provide proof of extra funds to support your spouse. Proof of relationship will be important especially in person relationship but also proof of ongoing relationship.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Well buddy I know granting visa is the discretion of VO.
Plus just cause you mentioned it took me a year to get my permit and My marriage took place before my Visa grant.
To your answer, arranged marriage; a month ago I got my visa (applied June 2022 and got in May 2023); together since i moved in here (August 2023); Public DLI; PhD student (Stipend and Scholarship) also she also has a sound financial stability; very much togetherness.
So would you be kind to just mention the documents I must add in the file. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well buddy I know granting visa is the discretion of VO.
Plus just cause you mentioned it took me a year to get my permit and My marriage took place before my Visa grant.
To your answer, arranged marriage; a month ago I got my visa (applied June 2022 and got in May 2023); together since i moved in here (August 2023); Public DLI; PhD student (Stipend and Scholarship) also she also has a sound financial stability; very much togetherness.
So would you be kind to just mention the documents I must add in the file. Thanks.
This is Canada so don’t ever assume you are speaking to a man. There is no fixed amount to prove that you and your spouse have the additional funds to support another person. You should show proof of both all your personals savings and assets. You should show proof of your wedding and proof of any period of time you lived together. Proof of living together and going on a honeymoon together if you have proof of that. Proof of a traditional wedding ceremony that would be typical of an Indian arranged marriage. Proof of your spouse’s employment. Proof of any other ties that your spouse has to India like property ownership. Proof of your study permit, proof of scholarship and stipend, LOA from your university. Proof of ongoing communication, any financial support, etc. Proof if you have added a spouse to any form of registry, listed as the beneficiary on life insurance for example, etc.

Reactions: EssKay1234

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This Canada visa forum so dont ever consider that you are talking to indian everytime.
Thanks again.
Apologize had confused with other post since I do look at previous posts. Pakistan not India same advice although applications from Pakistan tend to take longer and face more scrutiny,