+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I'm here in the PHILIPPINES but my VO is CASE PROCESSING PILOT-OTTAWA

majoy

Feb 25, 2013
please help me how to change my vo because i'm here in the philippines but cio forwarded my application for permanent residence (MPN) to CASE PROCESSING-OTTAWA,,they are the one who send me my MR and it was done last nov 2012 my Ecas was updated last DEC 2012 and it was medical recvd and til now i don't have update about my apllicatiom.. i think the vo in ottawa is slow.. do i have a same situation specially living in the same country?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
majoy said:
please help me how to change my vo because i'm here in the philippines but cio forwarded my application for permanent residence (MPN) to CASE PROCESSING-OTTAWA,,they are the one who send me my MR and it was done last nov 2012 my Ecas was updated last DEC 2012 and it was medical recvd and til now i don't have update about my apllicatiom.. i think the vo in ottawa is slow.. do i have a same situation specially living in the same country?
When you filed the application did you mention specifically the Visa Office in Manila/Philippines as your VO?

As for your timeline - seems to be still within the general processing time - Nov-Feb is about 3 mos. from any updates. Typically applications in CEM average ~ 11 months, but they do seem to be picking up.

/all the best....

majoy

Feb 25, 2013
yes,, in the Generic Form there is a part that you can choose for the requested Immigration office and i click Manila, Philippines..are you an applicant under MPNP? nway, wat's your timeline? tnx for the reply..

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
majoy said:
yes,, in the Generic Form there is a part that you can choose for the requested Immigration office and i click Manila, Philippines..are you an applicant under MPNP? nway, wat's your timeline? tnx for the reply..
No - I am already here in Canada, submitted an inland-application last year (Jan 2012) and have "landed" already and have completed all the steps. This is why there is only one entry in my timeline - I have removed others.

Yes there is a part in the IMM0008 to check which VO is requested. Why the file was transferred to Ottawa is unknown, yet your application seems to be progressing given the fact they sent you your MR. As per OP 1 -
"As part of program integrity considerations, officers should also be mindful that the intent of R11 is to ensure that, as much as possible, visa applications are reviewed by the offices with the local knowledge and expertise necessary to conduct an effective case review."
In your AOR, please check where your application file was created (I am assuming you have a File Number now). You can still request for a change in VO, but take note file transfer may add more time to the processing of your application at this stage.

summer rose

Jan 31, 2013
hello majoy,

im on same case as you..although im here in montreal i asked my federal be processed in manila since i know we have option to file on our country of nationality but it was ottawa also who sent my medical request. it had been more than a month since our medical was done yet no update or anything even on our eCas. our e cas just stated application received.

im trying to figure out also why ottawa sent our medical request instead of manila but no where I could find answer, hoping some one would advice us.

goodluck:)