Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
This is because IELTS speaking examiners are usually more strict in English-speaking countries than non-English speaking countries. They don't do it on purpose. It's just that if you listen to broken English all the time, you subconsciously regard average English as good English :p

This is why I suggest people take IELTS in their home country if possible. You'll get at least 0.5 band more in Speaking, and the other three categories are the same. If you come from an English-speaking country, well then your English should be very good and shouldn't worry about this.

However, it IS pretty weird for your examiner to ask questions about your home country that sounds provoking in any way...

cometocanada said:
I have a question. I scored 7.5 bands in speaking in india when I was not regularly speaking english.After staying here in canda for 1 year I recently appeared for ielts. To my surprise I scored 7 band in english.I was even not well prepared in india contrary to the efforts I took for writing the test here considering importance and criticality of the score this time.Do you think sometimes examiners maybe racist or biased.He even asked me kind of provocating questions in the test to show his prejudice to india.Please clarify this thing really making me think twicw about immigratin to canada.

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
HI...............my IELTS score is

Reading------ 8.5
Writing------ 7.5
Listening---- 7.0
Speaking---- 6.5

OverAll---- 7.5

i was wondering what my CLB score would be...........how much points i will get for CLB points for language
proficiency.......kindly tell me........for each ability......thanks

best regards

Aaalllyyy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
I got 6.5 over all,6.5 speaking,6.5 listning,6 writing,6 reading.
I also feel reading is very tuff, is there is away I can follow to pull up my score.

MTLdersim

Aug 15, 2015
cool_eagle said:
HI...............my IELTS score is

Reading------ 8.5
Writing------ 7.5
Listening---- 7.0
Speaking---- 6.5

OverAll---- 7.5

i was wondering what my CLB score would be...........how much points i will get for CLB points for language
proficiency.......kindly tell me........for each ability......thanks

best regards
well check this page for CLB score
.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

mamo5002000

Jan 23, 2015
Qatar
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I'm asking how words counts in writing module, Example if i wrote in my writing task " i was playing in "Man City" Football club" .

how many word's in this sentence?

Thanks,

memoff2

Nov 10, 2013
Hi, I got a question here, when doing the practice listening and checking my answers, for example, if the answer is June 15, I wrote June 15th, or Jun 15th, and 4:30 and I wrote 4:30 pm, would that count as wrong answers? Because I saw other answers like boy/boys, have a range.

Thanks very much!

olammy

May 10, 2013
Pls we want to try the express entry but am the principal applicant . Firstly pls how will I get high score in Ielts because I ve already written the exam Twice with result of CLB 6.0.
Secondly, will my spouse too need to write exam to process PR.thank

samiKhan1985

Nov 4, 2015
Greetings Sharpe88!
Really Appreciate the way you are assisting novice candidates here. Would appreciate if you can evaluate my Tasks 1 and 2 (Academic Module).
Looking Forward.

mothi

Apr 29, 2016
hello sir
I m from India
i got 6 bands overall(L.6,S.6,W.6,R.5.5)
I m an MBA
can I apply for next study in Canada in Lambton college in Toronto

aditya_shah19

May 20, 2016
I gave my exams on 30th April,16. My results were withheld and i got an sms saying that the results are withheld due to quality purpose. I got my results today ie 20 days after the test. My result is as under
Reading 9
Listening 8
Speaking 7.5
Writing 6.5

I was confident that i would get atleast 7 in writing. Is the low score due to re checking of my test scores ?

Also i want to go for rechecking of the test. Any suggestions on that ? Any experience someone want to share ?

Need suggestions please.